Why are we surprised when God does what He has promised time and again? Surprise might not adequately describe what we are feeling. We are completely awestruck by His perfect faithfulness. Last week was probably our most difficult week so far. It is only Monday and we have already had one of our greatest weeks so far. It started as most weeks do, on Sunday, but I'm going to work sdrawkcab.
Tonight, (Monday night), as we were watching August Rush, our 'homegroup' leader called us to see if he could drop in. (I'm a big fan of the drop in). At 8:37 he and his wife arrived at our door bearing gifts and an adorable, chubby baby girl. They gave us two dozen Krispy Kreem doughnuts since we had missed two homegroup meetings in a row in which they had been purchased primarily for our enjoyment. They also gave us a great book entitled Educating for Life: Reflections on Christian Teaching and Learning. They wrote a two page note of encouragement in the back of the book that included 1 Corinthians 1:25. Their best gift came last- the gift of prayer. We stood in a circle holding hands as Daniel's wife, Esther prayed for us in Korean. The spot between our front door and the kitchen became holy ground if only for a moment. We were in a battle and these people, these servants in God's kingdom went to war for us and with us. They prayed for us yesterday in our absence and they came by tonight to pray with us in person, eventhough they had initially come to deliver doughnuts. After they left, we had to retreat to our bedroom to sit on the bed and ugly cry. Our tears began to mix with laughter which naturally overflowed into praise. Selah (the action, not the music group).
Earlier this evening I was browsing through some of the new releases on Itunes. I rented August Rush which was actually a bit of alright. We really enjoyed it, but I digress. As I was preparing to download the movie, I checked the new releases of Christian music. I found Deluge. It's presented by Bethany, the same church that brought us Chasing After You and Let the Church Rise. Jonathan Stockstill is the worship leader on Deluge also. We have only listened to a couple of the songs, but it is really good so far. We bought the entire album. It just struck me as that type of album. It's a live worship recording. I highly recommend it.
Sunday, we skipped homegroup with Kevin and Kate. Kevin's back was bothering him after they had spent over two hours in traffic to go twenty miles to Seoul to visit Kate's parents. After church, instead of eating with the homegroup at the church building, Kevin and Kate took us to an awesome restaurant. Kevin called it 'Pig House'. We grilled slabs of pork over natural wood charcoal, it was so good. We had endless sides and they threw rolls at us. (wait that's another restaurant). After we ordered but before the food came, Kate nonchalantly mentioned that we could see her baby in November. Kevin and Kate are going to have a BABY!!! Their due date is November 17th!
Thank you for all of your comments and prayers and encouragement! We love you all so very much!
God is great, magnificent, awesome, amazing, God!
~Micah
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Isn't it great that wherever you are their are people in God's family to come and help prop you up and get you going again?
How exciting that Kate and Kevin are going to be parents.!!!!!!!
That food sounds good. I am starving at the moment.
well, when you have hundreds of people praying for you, how can you have anything but a good week.
every time i read one of your posts my heart both breaks a little and is glad that things are going well, even when they don't always seem like it.
bad days (or weeks...or months) won't cease to be until we reach heaven. bad days are just a part of life - God knows it, He made the bad along with the good.
as i'm typing this timothy is ringing in my ears:
Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. - 1 Timothy 6:12
...and...
Galatians 6:9
So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.
i love you both so much and i miss you terribly - better go before i break into ugly cry myself
later
God's dream.
Go, go, go!!
God is so soft sometimes, so good. I really like sharing in your life from a million miles away... oh and I bought the album...on your recommendation of course... so far I love Crazy... wow... what a blast!! Thanks for sharing... and in return... Tim Hughes has a new album... the song Everything is worth the purchase... peruse the rest of it.
That is so great!!!!! I want to see pictures of Kate when she gets big. Tell them congrats!!
Do you have Skype going yet? Maybe we can get you and us connected at the church so you can see/hear us all.
I should be laughing with joy that Kate's having a baby and instead I'm crying! Happy tears are such a complicated emotion aren't they? Give her a big hug for me.
I was having an emotional day anyway and I have to say your blog tipped the scale. I am not crying because I miss you....I do cry for that.....I am crying over the fact that I am so overjoyed that God has given you family there. That at your weakest point He provided exactly what you needed. It makes my heart full. It also makes me incredibly sad that I can't reach right thru this screen and hug you both. Know that I love you and miss you in the most terrible way.
Love
Amy
When you talk about the people there and the things they are doing for you, I am feeling that I need to step it up and be there for people like they are for you guys. I am very impressed and love them so much for being there for you when I can't be. God is so faithful. I am missing you guys so much this morning. Love you lots and lots and lots, Sandy
That's Sarah's birthday! I am so excited. Please tell Kevin and Kate I said congratulations. It is very good to hear that this week is starting out better than the one before. I was so encouraged to hear about your homegroup leaders. Keep fighting.
Rachel
What we can say but WOW! God truly is more than we can ask or think. Still more proof that He knows the inward places of our hearts. He answers prayer before it is even asked...amazing to me.
How exciting for Kate and Kevin, please give them our heartfelt love and congratulations.
We miss and love you so much more than words can express.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett
How great is the family of God? His Kingdom is without end, limitless, not defined by boundaries. I am overcome with awe and emotion every time I read of the goodness of God in your lives and your situation. When you were writing about your bad week, I kept thinking, "they overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony . . .(Rev.12:11) It seems like your testimonies are piling up. When the accuser comes to rob, steal, torment, pull these stories of God's love and provision out, and overcome! I'm so proud of you both. I love you and miss you tremendously, but I am watching your testimonies with amazement and I am excited to see what God is doing in your lives, and in the place you now are.
Be of good courage!
J
I loved the movie August Rush! It's so awesome that Kate is pregnant on your birthday Sarah. Lots of love, -Shelden
Knowing that this will only add to the greatness of your week, Micah, I wanted to check to make sure you heard that New Kids on the Block is reuniting, releasing a new album, and starting a new tour. Maybe they'll come to Korea? :-)
aww... I'm crying, too.
Wow~~~~~~~~~
Kate!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment