Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bloom Where You're Planted

This is the slogan for the pie/coffee shop, Blooming Beans. I also saw it today on the wall of a classroom. God has been impressing upon me the awesome meaning of this declaritive statement. God plants and transplants and our job is to bloom wherever He puts us. We bloom by drinking in the Holy Spirit and making the most of everything God provides for us. He gives us everything we need to grow. He hasn't uprooted us without replanting us here. I cannot mention His great faithfulness enough. It takes my breath at times.

It snowed again today, but only for about 3 minutes. Our cable has been fixed. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. It does give us a little more of a connection with home. I'm watching one of my favorite shows as I write to you. Noga boys, you'll love this one! I just watched Bear Grylls swim parallel to the shore to escape a deadly current and then climb a coconut tree for sustinance. Now he's making a bamboo spear to go fishing in the ocean. Maybe I can ask everyone to call me Bear. If Deadliest Catch comes on, I think I might cry. I love me some Deadliest Catch!

I guess I could've made this into two posts: a spiritual post and a not-so-spiritual post. Oh, well. I'll go now so I can see if Bear gets off the deserted island. (don't worry, he always survives). He's making a sea-going raft now, gotta go! ~Sarah

Just kidding, it's Micah!

11 comments:

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello Micah.
Thanks again for posting. I enjoyed reading as usual. I'm thankful to read each time that God is building you strong through this time and that you feel His presence so closely. He does truly amaze me and I hope I never get over it. He really is not common and I never want to take His presence for granted. He is amazing.

Micah, you always make life sound like such fun. I wish I were more like you.
I love you. Give Sar my love too.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett

Patti said...

that is a great slogan and a very fitting one for you and sarah.
maybe when you're old (-er) and gray this will be the title of your memoir

....yeah, that's right...you're welcome for that idea

love/miss you

Unknown said...

I love Deadliest Catch!! My brother got me hooked on it. I will think of you everytime I watch it now.

Amy

Michelle said...

Hi this is Shelden. I hope your having a good time in Suwon. I can't believe kids learn martial arts from 1st grade and up. If I went to that school I would think it was the best 1st day of school ever. I hope I start writing to you more often.

Em said...

Hey Micah,
You are so silly. Putting Sarah's name at the end... :) You crack me up.
I like that you can be both spiritual and down-to-earth. Not everyone can master both... It is a great slogan (and title to your memoir!) and, as Patty said, fitting for you and Sarah, and for all of us really as God moves us and asks things of us. Why fight Him when we know that His way is best? Instead, just bloom. It looks much prettier anyways...

Love and miss you, BB.
~Em

Michelle said...

This is Molly. I love you, Micah and Sarah very very much. I miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

Micah you are great! I was like " I don't think Sarah would be watching those shows." Great to hear from you Micah.Abigail

Anonymous said...

Hello from the Wilsons. It is really awesome to see pictures of you guys. It is really great that everything is going well. God is faithfull. He does everything above and beyond anything we could ask or think. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!! Thinking about you guys and praying for you. Liz says hello she will write later. Love you, Chris & Stacie

Michelle said...

When do we get to see the pictures Sarah spoke of?...

Anonymous said...

Geeze, like I even thought a minute that Sarah was the one who wrote this last blog. Micah, you have a very unique writing style. I could just picture you at family dinner telling us one of your great stories. Bye the way, family dinner was great last night. Your mom even joined us last night. I told her since she stood up last week she better come this time:) Just kiddng, I wasn't rude. I did tell her that we missed her last week and definitely wanted her to join us last night. Please tell Sarah hello.

Love,
Rachel

P.S. Did Sarah ever tell you what LSG or AOTA stands for?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.