
Last night, Sarah and I went to Homever to get some pizza. As we approached the restaurant, a very excited first grader came running out and screamed, "TEACHER!" It was a beautiful scene. He kinda halfway hugged Sarah then didn't know what else to do so he said' "Bye", and went back to join his mom in the restaurant. We laughed and waved through the window at her. When we went in I chose a table near theirs. We ordered these really tasty garlic rolls and a pizza that's actually on sale now. We also asked for two ciders to wash it all down.(it's like Sprite). As the waitress brought our meal the boy and his mother were leaving. They came back to our table and the mother informed us that she paid for our meal. Sarah and I had to fight back tears just to eat our pizza. As our pizza disappeared a piece at a time a waiter brought out a huge dish of pasta with alfredo sauce. Not only had she paid for our meal, but she ordered even more for us. We finished the pasta and saved two pieces of pizza and one garlic roll. It was such a wonderful feeling. It's difficult to describe. The welcome that we received would have been enough to make our entire evening. God blessed us twice! Praise God!
14 comments:
Gos is generous and he is good! I certainly miss you guys, but I am glad that you are being "looked after" by the people you have been joined to. Micah, I actually looked to see who was playing the drums last Sunday, like I forgot that it couldn't be you. Crazy. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy
AWW...What a blessing! Thanks for sharing. We love you guys!
What an incredible experience! Teaching alone is so rewarding and having your students you love makes it even greater. That's so awesome that this mother wanted to bless you guys like that, it surely means more that words could say. I'm so glad that people there are seeing the gift that is contained inside of you both. Love you so much, Sandy
Hi this is Shelden. That was so nice of that lady to pay for your meal. It's so cute of that little boy to come up to you like that and just hug you. God is doing a major blessing in you guys life. Love you guys, - Shelden
Hi, this is Sammy.I haven't commented on a blog before, so I'm a little nervous. Anyway, I know that a lot of people have said this but you guys were sooooooooooo blessed!I personally think that that little boy must really love having you as a teacher!I miss you guys so much but I'm glad that you can bless the children in Suwon.I love you guys gobs and gobs! Love,Sammy
Isn't every little boy half in love with his beautiful teacher? If I could, I would squeeze all of the wonderful little boys and girls and big boys and girls who have made you feel so loved and welcome. Will you squeeze them for me every chance you get?
Can you fed-ex one of those garlic rolls? They sound tasty...Great post. I love hearing about your adventures.
You know what's so great? We do get to give the kids here a squeeze now and then - the relationship between teachers and students here is much more like a mom and dad, so it's much more affectionate than what you'd see in the states - which I love! So it's great when you see a student and they come running up to you with arms open wide because you can actually hug them back; in my teacher ed program we were trained to be sort of stiff with the kids, so this is quite refreshing:)~Sarah
this was a great story - it's good to know that people are looking out for you...even though you're so far from 'home'
Isaac wanted me to let you know he saw the pic of the sign and thought it was "cool!"
J
WOW!! THat is so cool! I would have to fight back tears too! Miss You! Abigail
This is Bailey.That shows that God is truly faithful.Never stop trusting in God,He will continue to do great things.Miss you so much
Bailey
aww~~ this is so sweet. wow
Again, I want to cry tears of joy. God is moving in you there and it just amazes me to no end.
I am fortunate to live vicariously through you and your blog.
Post a Comment