I was walking up the hill to our apartment earlier today and I was reminded of a story that Doug told from the platform one Sunday. I don't remember the details, but the story involved one of his children and a wedgie. At the sound of the word 'wedgie', almost the entire congregation erupted in laughter. I say almost because some of the international students had never heard the term wedgie. One of our Korean friends asked Sarah later why everyone laughed and what wedgie meant. She then taught Sarah some Korean that has a similar meaning. I won't type it here because I don't think it's too nice. The moral of the story is...take smaller steps when walking up the hill to our apartment.
I've posted a few more pictures on flickr! I tried to do it last night but the uploader quit working. I would like everyone to vote on which hair style I should adopt for the rest of this school year. I know which one I'm leaning toward, but I would still like your input. I had to be VanDamme whilst Sarah took the photographs. I went all Chucklehouse on one of them and had to take it over. Let me know what you think.
There is also a picture of Sarah's boss and his family, a.k.a. The Korean Lotterer's. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
As you know, we are in the process of finding a church that we can connect with. We went to Kevin and Kate's church again this past Sunday. After church we ate lunch with them at the cafeteria on the first floor.(our school cafeteria serves lunch after church also). When we were finished eating we got a ride to their homegroup which they call a vineyard. It was held at a young couple's apartment near the Pizza Hut that we went to the other night. There were about six or seven couples including us. There were also three adorable babies and one really cute little boy. The couple with the little boy is expecting their second child. We had a visit by the main pastor of the church and his assistant. He is always very busy and we could tell that it meant quite a bit that he would take the time to join us. He's our neighbor and the pastor of the particular church that we attend. Since there are at least seven services in three different sanctuaries, there are several pastors. He's the main pastor and the pastor of the twelve o'clock church. I hope I explained that enough. He is the one sitting beside me in the new picture on flickr. God's presence was evident at the gathering and I was even able to partially live out the exhortation we received to be ourselves. We believe that it would be beneficial to attend a church that doesn't necessarily cater to all our English speaking needs. We want to know what it is like to be in a church as a non-native speaker. It will give us a feel for what it's like for international students that come to Covenant Harvest. The Vineyard leader(I call him Tennyson Jamison, he plays guitar), told us that they would help us in any way they can. They are very wonderful and sincere people and it is beginning to feel like home more and more. Please, pray that God will give me wisdom and courage to follow whatever His will may be.
Sarah is working late again today. When she gets home we might walk to Homever for pizza and to check out the sales. They have been renovating part of the store and were scheduled to have a sale this week to celebrate the completion of the work. I'm so excited! I like to go to the store, is that so wrong!? We love and miss each and every one of you, as always. ~Micah
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Micah, Sammy votes for #3, Molly for #2, and Shelden for #1. I vote for #1, but if you really want to go for a "cool teacher" look, #2. Those were so funny, I laughed out loud. I also LOVED the wedgie story. Oh my gosh. You almost need to warn me about those things. I don't want to accidentally pee my pants from laughter! Love you both, and I think it's fine that you love to go to the store. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. :) Thanks for the new pics. The one of you and Sarah in your new clothes is a beautiful picture!
Good morning Micah and Sarah. Today (Tuesday) is the start of what looks like will be a beautiful day. This is also the start of the second week that I am watching Henry. Currently, he is crying because he is trying not to fall asleep:) Hope that everything is going well. I need to close so that I can get Henry.
Love,
Rachel
yeah....ummm....definitely hairdo #1 - you're a sicko
it's a gorgeous day here in the pitt and if you guys were here we could meet at the park at midnight
mic - thanks for the subtle references to good times past, i think i can tell which picture made you all chucklehouse
love you
I vote for hair do 1 most definatly. Lisa votes for 1 as well. It just looks like you.
I vote for number 2. The Korean Lotterers are so cute! It is great to hear from you! I hope that wedgie story was not about me. Miss you!Abigail
I vote for #1 i also think the Korean lotters are cute too!
Miss you! Dolphin
I vote for #2. The Korean Lotterers are very cute. Bailey
Um...I vote for #1,think #2 would make you the cool teacher, and I am pretty sure that I know which picture made you go all chucklehouse.
You crack me up!
I am going to e-mail you and Sarah later tonight. Just to update you on things with Rev Church and ask a favor.
:)
Amy
Yikes, and here I thought #1 would be the obvious decision! LOL. I don't think #2 looks cool at all...
That was a good moral to your wedgie story. :) You crack me up, Micah. My, but I do miss your stories...
Love you,
Em
I guess I'd better go with #1 but can I still call it #2? That just sounds more funnier.
Does more funnier make sense Micah? I am learning about this in grammer class and I think that that is a double-negative!I thought #3 was great! You crack me up!Last night I had a dream that you guys came back! I was so exited and I was so happy to see you!Until I had to wake up and figure out that this was a dream.This shows me really how much I miss you!!!!I love you so much! Abigail
Thanks for all the information and stories, and especially the pictures. It helps to feel as if we "know" the people that you are hanging out with. Do they value relationships like we do? How is school going? Has it been a challenge to figure out how to teach kids that don't know English well? I would like to hear more about how your school days are and what all you do.
Doug, Joe, and Ellen left for Sweden and Denmark this morning, so we just have people all over the world doing what God has called them to do! Exciting isn't it!
Well, I miss you guys a lot and look forward to reading your blogs!
Love,
Denise
You made me laugh out loud, like, the snort through your nose kind of laugh. Those pics made my day! The boys laughed too. Well, Josiah just kind of rolled his eyes.
Great thoughts, great pics, keep up the good work. We love hearing what is going on there, even if it is just in your own head, Micah. Sarah, I love you and I miss your smiling face so much!
Joy
Loved the stories, loved the pictures! Micah you are probably the funniest person I know. Your humor comes out in almost everything you do and say and I'm just not quick enough to catch all of it. I vote for #1 by the way. I love and miss you both. Loved talking to you the other evening. I was sick in bed for four days and that was the second day for me when you called. What a HUGE blessing to hear your voices. I think I just cried and cried the first five mins because I was actually talking to you and feeling so near. Thank you so much for calling. I love what God is doing there so much.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett
Post a Comment