
We hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. The one-man drama sounds really cool. I can imagine it being very powerful. For our service on Sunday, the walls that usually separate the large chapels into three different sanctuaries were magically lifted to the ceiling leaving one huge sanctuary. We met Kevin and Kate early enough to get good seats and to take a few pictures during worship practice. They had STRINGS!!! Worship was really good. We sang some hymns that I knew but Sarah didn't. (At The Cross, Because He Lives, ekg). The pastor preached about the importance of the Sabbath and the kind of rest in God that the Sabbath entails. It is interesting to know God's presence without understanding every word that is being preached. Kate did translate some of the message also. Especially the scripture references. Luke 23:54-24:8, about the women that went to the tomb after the Sabbath was over. It was a really good service. Many of my coworkers were in attendance. There were also quite a few children dressed up for Easter. They all had tiny baskets made of paper, each holding an egg. We found out later that it was similar to a hardboiled egg. They were cooked on a hot stone instead of in water. The white of the egg turned brown. I think Kevin might have been the only one to eat one. After the service, Kevin and Kate gave us a ride to homegroup in their beautiful new car. It rained all day and Kate tried to give us her umbrella when they dropped us off at home, but we couldn't let her. The gathering was great. We had snacks and each person shared something that God had been dealing with them about. When everyone was done sharing, we split into groups to pray for the specific areas that had been mentioned. We were grouped with Kevin and Kate. It was a great time to spend with them and God.
Our Easter weekend was awesome. God is so great, for everything that He is and does!
17 comments:
Micah you are too funny! I am glad to see you guy's are doing so well. I love you both very much!
Amy
Hello!
We were so sad that we missed your phone call. Kelsea was excited that she got to talk to you! It really is amazing that you ran into Huni like that! Your Easter sounded really special. I guess that they do things similar to what we do to celebrate. Our service was really good. Jay did a good job with the monologue (Doug did a good job writing it). We had communion together, which is always good. Well, we miss you and pray for you often. I enjoyed the video, Micah. Keep doing them because it is good to hear your voice! Do you guys have skype set up? We have it at home and on Doug's computer, so if you warn us, we could see and talk to each other! Doug and I were able to talk to each other and see each other when he was in Sweden. I love that technology makes the distance seem less! Well, I need to go teach class, so I will talk to you later.
Denise
glad you had a nice easter. last night we got together and participated in the 3rd annual brooks' easter egg dying party. we made you guys a special egg - but it wasn't the same.
we laughed about the first year we dyed eggs (sarah's first time ever) when ellen left the egg in our mailbox and bekah and i blamed you (eventhough keira thought it was ellen) it was a great laugh.
love you guys.
lol... Micah, you really had me going for a minute. I was trying to remember anytime I'd EVER seen something like that before!
I'm thinking of trying to head to Kor and find a summer camp job. That still needs a lot of prayer so we'll see!
Glad to know you had a great Easter!
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Great to hear your voice and hear your humor instead of just reading it.
Leah
HA! Thanks Micah. I agree with Leah, it's so good to hear your voice and humor! Love you both!
Hey,
I'm so glad to hear that your Easter sunday was great! Thank You for the first video attemt! Love you too.
Nice touch with the video! Keep'em coming.
Sounds like your Easter was awesome. Ours was also. I had a bunch of Koreans over for lunch after church. They are so much fun and did a great job consuming the large amount of food that I had prepared. I love knowing that God is working everywhere in the world, not just our little world here in Pittsburg KS. Thanks for keeping us up on what is going on in your life, I love reading about it. I miss you so much and love you lots and lots, Sandy
Hello Micah and Sarah,
I loved the video and I loved that you "ran" into Huni! I also loved talking to you the other night although I have to admit it made Saturday a little hard moving Emily and Josiah. My heart can only take so much, until it overflows a little. I know it's good but it sure does not "feel" that way sometimes. I kept Donovan all day Saturday while the rest of the moving gang drove to Ellsworth and back. Em, Josiah and Donovan stayed the night and stayed for dinner and Easter egg hunt (that was hilarious!) I keep telling your sisters or rather keep hoping that they realize they have to grow up now and do Easter things for the babies in the family...oh well...it still was fun to watch them hunt for eggs out in the backyard. (We MISSED you (Sarah and Micah) and Michael so MUCH!)
Seeing you and hearing your voice made it seem like you were "here" for a little bit. Thanks! Keep up the good work...we all enjoy you both so much.
Love you heaps and gobs.
Mom Sterrett
this might make you too sad...i played your video for ethan last night and he was thrilled to "see" uncle micah. as soon as it ended we had to watch it again and he wanted to watch it again after that. i fear he would have watched it all night if we would have let him.
two hours later when i went to the computer for something else, he asked to see it again. "micah. see micah. pictures. micah."
it was too precious.
That sounds like an amazing Easter weekend. Ours was good too. I'm guessing you heard about the skit Jay did on Sunday considering you talked about it in your post. My spring break was awesome. me and my family went to K.C. we went to the zoo and went swimming at our hotel we stayed at. We also went to Crown Center and went shopping. We to the crayon store and I got a coloring book that has really cool patterns on it. I also got a box of sixty-four crayons.[you can only get them at the crayon store in K.C. Anyway hope your last week was as great as mine. love you guys. -Shelden
I cracked up so hard over your face at the end. It just froze there on the "Micah face." Ethan, per usual, had Rainman syndrome and kept saying "Micah" and watched your video at least three times in my presence.
Miss you.
I love Luke. I love you guys. -Molly
You are too funny! Sounds like you had a good holiday. We missed you guys!!
J
I loved that video Micah. It was great to hear your voice. We will be getting set up on Skype ASAP, so hopefully we can talk more. I am super excited about that prospect. :)
How funny Micah. I miss you and love you guys bunches and bunches.
Love your freind
-Molly
Post a Comment