I've been thinking about our hill. We have to walk in an odd, almost uncomfortable manner to walk down the hill. We slow ourselves because the hill is steep and would have us practically running down it otherwise. I wasn't feeling especially spiritual when I started to mull this over, but I believe that God gave me this brain at the very least, so I give God all the credit for anything good that comes out of it. I hope this is good. Let me know what you think:
If you are going down a hill, everything is going downhill, it's all downhill from here, you're feeling down, you're down in the doldrums, down in the mouth, down and out, down; don't slow your feet, you may need the momentum to carry you through the valley. God has already promised to be our help. Our steps are ordered by God. Step with that confidence.
Psalm 23 The Message //Remix
A David Psalm
1-3 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
you find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to your word,
you let me catch my breath
and send me in the right direction.
4 Even when the way goes through Death Valley,
I'm not afraid when you walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure.
5 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.
6 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is a great message! It is so great to hear from you! Miss you!Abigail
Incredible Micah. Nice way of seeing the not-so-obvious.
Hello,
Thanks for the encouraging and uplifting word today. I for one, needed it. It's been cloudy for a couple of days and a little gloomy. Thanks for the reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness.
Much love,
Mom Sterrett
hey, hermano
my mom wanted me to tell you both hi and eventhough she's not here to miss you....she misses you
This is so awesome. I love Psalms 23 and have prayed it alot especially last summer. This is a great reminder for me to get back to that intercession that He has called me to. He is so incrediably faithful and we have a tendency to turn to Him more when things aren't going well for us. So we can consider it a good thing when we are down when it gets us to look up and depend completly on Him. His Word is so wonderful. Miss you guys alot and love you like crazy. Sandy
Post a Comment