Saturday, March 8, 2008

My First Korean Haircut

We went to Homever last night and I got my first Korean haircut. It was great! I just pointed to a picture of a cool haircut in a book and the girl went to work. I closed my eyes and almost fell asleep a couple of times. Then, to top it all off, another girl came and got me so she could wash my hair. Not only did she wash it, but she was like a masseuse for hair. She would use her index finger and thumb to snap against the base of my skull kinda like pinchers. It's very difficult to explain but just know that it felt really wonderful. Then she used a blow dryer to dry my hair. We still had some shopping to do, but I was ready for bed. I was so relaxed. It was like a spa for my head. I'm getting ready for church right now, but I'll put some pictures of the new do on flickr later. Love to all, Micah.

14 comments:

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

I LOVE the "thinking chair!" It's so much better than a time-out chair, don't you think? I'm definitely adopting that custom!

Anonymous said...

I want to see your haircut!

Michelle said...

The "thinking chair" reminded me of Super Nanny having children sit on the "naughty spot". haha Can't wait to see your new "do", Micah! BTW, Bulgogi is delicious!

Steve Haden said...

Hi Micah and Sarah! This is Caitie. I hope you're having a great time in Suwon. I just wanted to say HI. Love you, Caitie Haden.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Guess what my mom and I tried! We tried some Korean food at the international thing last night. It was pretty good! Just wanted to let you know.

Anonymous said...

Not very many people have written on this post!

Michelle said...

Hi this is Molly.Do you guys have Starbucks in Korea? I love you guys very much. Is your hair still curly Sarah? Love Molly.

Em said...

Hey,
I am glad you had a "spa day" for your head, Micah. Sometimes getting a nice scalp massage is just what one needs. :)
I love all of your pictures. They are beyond great. Be sure to take some nice pictures of your new clothes too! :) Even the small things are great to see...
Em

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am waiting for another post!!! This is agony!

Leah said...

Hi,
I think unless you are planning to become a television evangelist, in which case you should go with haircut #3, you should stick to #1. It sounds like the haircut was a
wonderful experience. It makes me want to go to Korea just to experience it.
Thanks for all the wonderful blogging that you are doing. It is great to be able to know what is happening in your lives. We miss you. Leah

Mom Sterrett said...

That haircut sounds wonderful the way you described it. Makes me want to travel there to get one.

In the pics I thought they were all great...Sarah's bell put me in mind of one her teachers...was there a connection? She was a lovely lady and wonderful teacher...good pattern to follow. I had forgotten about the thinking chair...loved the description, great idea.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett

Kerri said...

When you wrote "it's like a spa for my head" it made me think of "A day spa for teeth" <--- that randomly pops in my head more often than one would think.

Scott said...

"It was like a spa for my head."

You're cracking me up. Best laugh of the day, Micah. Thanks.