Monday, March 3, 2008

Kansas Weather In Korea

This morning began as a typical Korean winter day. (according to the last 2.5 weeks anyway). It was a little chilly, but not really too bad. Shortly after lunch the sky turned pewter and began to produce a light dusting of snow. Within thirty minutes it was snowing giant sized flakes with very little room between each one. The Californians were straight trippin'. Sometime around three in the afternoon it stopped just as abruptly as it had started. I left my office at a little after four in the afternoon and almost all the snow that had piled up is now melted, the sun is now shining in a valiant attempt to remove all evidence of the wintry day. I can't help but think of Kansas in weather like this. Haven't you guys gone from 70's to 30's from one day to the next? I guess I think of Kansas no matter what weather we have.
I am thoroughly enjoying a frothy beverage of Hershey's chocolate milk drink. We found it at Homever. When we see a familiar brand we usually jump at it. It is quite delicious. I'm also relaxing to the soothing sounds of the new Jack Johnson album which was given to me as a going away present by Emily, Josiah and Donovan. My favorite song is "Same Girl". It has recurring lines that speak of our honeymoon spot quite specifically. It's pretty sweet.
Well, my girl has called me to photograph her classroom before the tornado of little punkins hits tomorrow. For all of you M & S blog fans, we will be reporting on our first days with students very soon. Thank you for your continued encouragement and dedication.
We love you,
Micah

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes, our weather has been typical "Kansas-style". We had a beautiful weekend, and yesterday it was in the 30's again. Your snow shower sounds beautiful! We are supposed to get snow, but it usually misses us, so I am not holding my breath. (Besides, that's stupid. Who would hold their breath like a spoiled child just to see snow?) :) Love you both, and can't wait to hear how school is going...

Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe said...

While your waiting...and trying to find a place to go... don't for get about...
Audio Messages
... it is a few weeks behind but it's still new to you and might get you through.
Just a thought.

Tiffany said...

Hi guys!
When I read about your frothy Hersheys hot cocoa, it made me so thirsty for hot chocolate. :) Hope your first day goes well.

Love to you both
Tiff

Patti said...

that exact thing happened to amy yesterday....with the sudden snowing and then it was melted by the time she left school - WEIRD

ahh....jack....remember the days when micah didn't like jack at all??

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello Micah.
Thank you for the lovely descriptions. Why don't you write books? Just curious. The description of snow made me wish for something as lovely and the hot chocolate description made my mouth water. I love to hear everyday stuff in your life. Makes me feel like we are all not so far away. Keep up the good work. I cannot wait to hear of all the first impressions, etc.
Much love and affection to you both.
Mom Sterrett

P.S. Please give your sweetheart a big hug for me and make her give you one back.

Anonymous said...

It seems like Micah is writting all of the posts. Is Sarah really busy or something? Well it is still good to hear from you Micah. Don't think that I don't like you Micah. It is just as good to hear from you than Sarah. But I have not heard from her in a long time. I miss you both so much. Abigail

Em said...

I am glad you like the cd. :) You have such a good ways with words, Micah. I still have that poem you wrote for me for literature class. It makes me smile each time I read it. It's amazing how much time has passed since then and what all has happened in that space of time...
Well, I love you HEAPS AND GOBS and eagerly await the pictures of classrooms and kids in the classroom... Give my love to my sister as well. Tell her LSG for me. ;)

Joy said...

This is Isaac Sorry this is late.I was wondering how your trip was.How is everything over there.The weather here is I guess it's okay.What's the weather over there like?We miss you guys.ISAAC

Joe said...

This is Josiah. I looked at your pictures and they were good. The food looks good. I would like to eat it.

I gave my heart to Jesus in school Monday with Mrs. Harrison. She was talking about the fruit of the spirit and I started to cry. Then we prayed.

We miss you. Show us more pictures when you can.

Josiah

Steve Haden said...

The hot chocolate story made my mouth water too. But then some saliva dripped from the corner of my lips and fell onto a very important paper I was working on. The ink on the paper smudged and pretty much destroyed 3 days of work. Thanks a lot! :)

Love Ya'll!!!

Micah & Sarah said...

It's great to see so many great comments. I want everyone to scroll up to the comment left by my friend, Josiah Noga. Isn't God so awesome!? Isaac, it snowed yesterday and was sunny and clear today. I think it might snow again tomorrow! Crazy, beautiful weather. Abigail, I'll make sure I let Sarah do the next post. ;)
Also, I'm sorry to disappoint anyone, but the Hershey's chocolate milk drink wasn't hot. It was frothy, delicious and cold.

Michelle said...

Springfield rec'd 12 inches of snow...Pittsburg? Nothing, as usual. It figures. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness....the exact same thing happened to me at school the other day. I was at the high school and the snow was coming down so hard I had to clear off the car to drive to the elementary building. I almost fell down on the way in :) Then by the time I left school there was nothing left of the snow. Just a little ice on my car. Crazy! makes me feel closer to you. I miss you guy's. Love
Amy