
We have had a rough week. This picture was the highlight of my week. The very next day(Thursday), I became ill at school. I thought I was going to pass out in front of a class of children. Everyone was very understanding. The chaplain of my mini-school prayed for me. He asked if I knew "speaking in tongues". I said that I did and he prayed in English and in tongues unknown to us. I took the rest of the day off. Friday I felt good enough to go back to school. I took it easy and didn't eat much lunch, but I got through. Being sick at home is bad enough, but being sick so far from home is very depressing. We have been leaning heavily on God and on each other. Sarah was recently informed that some of her major deadlines had been moved up. She had already been under quite a bit of pressure to get her planning done and this just added more. We were both up in her classroom until midnight on Wednesday night. I'm sure that contributed at least a little to getting sick on Thursday.
Sarah met her deadlines and I was able to get some rest. Now it is Saturday afternoon. The skies are swathed in shades of gray. It has been sprinkling all day. This evening we will walk over to the church building to watch SonShine Kids perform. I think it will be a fun song and dance praise type of thing. I hope to get some good pictures of the kids.
I'm sorry if this is a gloomy post. Your encouraging comments and prayers are welcomed and necessary. We do keep reminding each other of God's goodness and faithfulness. We love you guys tremendously.
13 comments:
Aww, I just want to reach through this computer and hug you both and pray WITH you. Instead, I will pray without your ears hearing. We love you and are proud of you both. My class and I talked about the sacrifice you are making yesterday in class. You are thought of more than you know. Take care, and know that you are being prayed for much.
Sickness seems to be reaching all corners of the globe. I will be praying for your health. I have been home the last few days myself with walking pneumonia so I know how you feel. Just know that we are right there with you. I can't help but smile everytime I read your blog, good news or bad, I see the hand of God in your lives and that is so amazing. God is so faithful. I am glad to hear that Sarah met her deadline. You guy's should take a moment to breath and enjoy whats happening in your life. I love and miss you both.
Amy
I am glad Sarah met her deadlines and that you are better. You are often on our hearts. Remember the sun will shine again. Leah
i was so glad to see your face pop up on my computer screen as i was making my daily rounds to everyone's blog. i have been thinking about you and sarah quite a bit this week adn i miss you both terribly. sorry to hear that you both had such a crazy week - glad to hear God has brought you through it.
i will continue to pray for you.
love you lots
I hope you feel better!
Micah, I really like your hair. I am sorry to hear that you have been sick. My family and I have just recovered from illness as well. Hannah has finished her breathing treatments. Please tell Sarah that I loved reading her comments on the pictures I sent. I love you both and hope that the sun has shown itself again.
Love,
Rachel
Sarah, remember that song, "Don't grow weary in doing well. Don't surrender in the fight. Keep on storming the gates of hell. Keep on doing what you know is right...?" I have a feeling that at some points you and Micah will have the deep settledness that comes with being in the middle of God's will and at other times, you'll just have to keep moving forward because it's right. In both places, remember that we love you and we're supporting you in prayer.
Too much Kimchi? That spicy cabbage will do it to ya every time! Glad things are back to some form or normal. Enjoy your Sunday....DJ
I sorry to hear that. Hope this week is better. The school is praying for you. I hope you get to feeling better. Lots of love, -Shelden
It has been a long time since I responded to your posts so I thought that I should say hello. I love reading how things are going and it is really cool to have been places that you talk about. I am very excited to hear what God is doing in the children's lives through your sacrifice. Keep going strong.
i got the picture of you guys from mary today - thanks for making me cry
Hello from Pittsburg.
I was sorry to hear you were sick Micah and am very glad you are feeling better now.
I'm sorry for the stress of last week and was very happy to hear how God encouraged you through your home group leaders.
It was also wonderful talking to you on Skype. I hope your day went wonderful. Wasn't it cool hearing little Donovan?
Keep going strong. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett
I hope your feeling better.I'm keeping you guys in my prayers.I love you guys. Your friend, Molly.
Post a Comment