
Greetings and salutations!
Sarah and I went to a huge Good Friday service at a church in Seoul. It started at 7:00 and lasted until around 9 or 9:30. The main worship portion was facilitated by the worship team from Jubilee Church.(where we had gone last Sunday). The worship leader is apparently a pop star in Korea. He seems pretty genuine for also being a secular artist. There were also some good specials by various folks. The main speaker was the chaplain for the U.S. Army base here. He had a great message about the veil in the temple. He was pretty funny, too. The service was organized by AIM Korea.(Association of International Ministries)? It was for all the English speaking churches in the Seoul area. Afterward there was an afterglow-type thing. There were snacks and beverages on tables in the large lobby of the church. I grabbed a Capri Sun and stood against the back wall waiting for Sarah to emerge from the ladies room. As I stood there a man began to approach me slowly from the middle of the crowd. There were hundreds of people at this service. We looked at each other and tilted our heads inquisitively as we tried to decide if we were seeing what we were seeing. It was Huni! In a city of 11 MILLION people, Huni walked up to me out of a crowd of hundreds! We talked for several minutes and exchanged digits. When Sarah found us, Huni asked her if she recognized him. HUNI?! It was so great to see him. He actually teaches a bible study at Jubilee Church. I don't think we will be going to that church, but we will hang out with Huni as much as is convenient for all of us. God is so unbelievably amazing! We are still not quite sure if it was real or just a crazy dream.(not really, that would be kinda strange, not being able to tell dreaming from waking). Anyway, that's my Good Friday story. When viewed in relation to God, the world really is very small.
17 comments:
Amazing! Happy Easter weekend.
We love you!
Joy
Sounds like a good Friday to me. Happy Easter!I wish you could be here for Easter! I will be thinking of you! Abigail
that's crazy...i almost forgot all about huni (that's a shame) how cool that god continues to put familiar faces in your life
love you guys & miss you tons
have a great easter
I LOVE Huni. He was/is so kind. I'm glad you found each other. That's cool. Happy Easter!
That is awesome! You are both such an encouragement to me as I read your comments. I almost always have to have a kleenex close by. At family dinner Thursday night we got your picture, it is wonderful and will go on the fridge. Sarah, you really do have the heart of a great teacher, I can hear it in your written words. I look forward to hearing more wonderful stories from school. We miss you both lots!! Jay has been at the church this afternoon getting ready for the service tomorrow. He is doing a one man play, I guess, where he is a modern day Jesus. I hope you have a wonderful Easter! We love you both!!! Crystal
this is Bailey.That sounds very cool. I wish my fridays could always be like that.I hope your Easter was great.God bless
Bailey
Hi this is Shelden. I just wanted to wish you a happy Easter. Is good Friday on a Friday like in Pittsburg? I wish you could be here. Lots of love. Your Friend, Shelden
This is Jay...I've been at the church practicing for a Jesus monologue tomoorrow (Easter Sunday). Hopefully it will go well, trying to pretend you're Jesus is not easy...especially when you're me! What a cool deal to run into Huni. Small world, huh... It seems surreal that we are here, and you are there. But this blog stuff keeps us in touch. Technology is amazing! We love you guys...Jay
That is fantastic. God is so good. I had been wondering about Huni I miss him. Give him a big hug for us when you see him again.
Leah
Hey! It's me, Jenny!
How are you doing? It's great to see you guys are doing well. I just came by to check your site today and I was so excited to see all you are doing.
Guess what-- tonight we went to David and his wife's house (from Covenant Harvest) and they asked if I knew anything about Huni, where he was, how he was doing, etc. and I told them sorry, but I didn't know. Then I came and checked out your blog and there he was! How amazing is that? About as amazing as him appearing there! :)
Now I will have to get ahold of them again and tell them you guys met him in Korea and he seems to be doing pretty well.
I'm so happy you guys are well. Have a great time! I'll be checking back here often. ;) Take care!
You know, I really can't believe you met Huni there in the church. It's amazing. God is amazing. I just wanted to say that again. I don't think Huni remembers me, but he actually had quite an impact on my life and I'm sure he never even knew it. I was the girl working at Wal-Mart from the education building he invited to the free lunch, and he even left his job one day to take me there and always called to see if I wanted to go to a "movie night." Huni was wonderful and people here still remember him, think about him, and pray for him. Maybe you can let him know that sometime.
I need to stop using this as an email column. lol. (Have you encountered "kk" yet? Don't be offended if people write it as "kkk." It stands for ㅋㅋㅋ in Korean which is a laughing sound; it's similar to "lol.") I'm just so excited to see your lives and everything you're doing. Keep up the great work! Praying for you!
Make sure that you post about your Easter! Thanks for calling our home. I wish I was there. Try again sometime!
Hey guys--lots of love coming your way from Papa Don--It was a great phone call the other evening--I miss you both. God is great--
He is our ROCK anywhere we happen to be. The "bloom blog" really touched my heart. Talk to you soon.
Love, Dad
Hi, I googled AIM Korea Good Friday service because I'm trying to write an article for my church newsletter and I found your blog. I'm not a "blogger" and I have no idea how this work, but I'm going to give it a go. Anyway, I enjoyed your story, and I just wanted to invite you back to Jubilee! If you come, look for me and introduce yourself!
Hello Again,
I forgot to ask you earlier to please give Huni our love. He is a special person and we love him so much. I am always so amazed at God's goodness and His power and might. I also think He is wonderful about knowing the inward need of our hearts that no one else knows. He shows that to us in so many ways, doesn't He?
Love you much.
Mom Sterrett
This is kind of emmbarrasing, but I didn't know who Huni was until my mom told me. He sounds like a great,funny guy. Love you. -Shelden
I hate that it has taken so long to write on here! I now have internet at my new house in Ellsworth though, so I promise to be more faithful about getting on here in the future. :)
That is so great that you ran into Huni again. He is one of the sweetest people I have ever come across. It was sad having Easter without you guys, but I am sure that you were well taken care of there as usual.
I am going to end this comment because I plan to read the rest of the blogs I have missed and comment on them. I love you both so much and miss you so much.
Em
Post a Comment