Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a Wonderful Life

Long, full day spent at the school - but like Micah said, we're living in God's dream. We're all living in His dream!
I've been working non-stop on my classroom trying to get it ready for my 28 darling First graders. I won't actually start teaching until the 4th of March, and I'm getting so excited! You know, life is funny sometimes. Sometimes you don't realize you're born to do something until you're right in the middle of doing it, and then it hits you - you were born to do this! That's how I feel about teaching. I always kind of knew that it's what I would end up doing. I knew that I carried a burden for the children of this world. It was not until I was in my student-teaching semester, however, that I realized I was born to teach children. It's like something miraculous happens to me when I am in a classroom surrounded by students - I become alive! I become me - the me that God meant me to be! It's there that the creativity comes, that the crazy good ideas that work come. Does this make sense? I hope I am conveying my thoughts clearly. It just makes me get all teary-eyed to realize just how good God has been to us - that He would really allow us to come to this place, and for me, that He would allow me to do what I love to do the most. It's a wonderful life! ~Sarah

10 comments:

Crystal said...

It is such an encouragement to hear you talk about your students. You are going to be an amazing teacher to those Korean children. God really is awesome!!! I am not very high tech, and I have to say that I am loving that we can converse back and forth like this. You guys are such a blessing! I love that we can still enjoy Micah's humor even though we are not with you, and Sarah I love the new hat!! Love you both...

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I think it is wonderful how you articulated what God has done and is continuing to do in you. I don't think it is weird that you feel the way you do when you are in a classroom. Many past conversations come to mind when you descibe the experience you have when you are teaching. It has been apparent for as long as I can remember that teaching is a gift that God has instilled in you. I almost started crying at work when I looked at the picture of you sitting at your desk. I thought, "this is what Sarah was born for". My prayer for you is that God will continue to increase the depth of you heart for the children you will impact each day. Micah, thank you for taking such good care of my sister.

Love,
Rachel

Michelle said...

You will both be GREAT teachers, I am sure. I wish I had Sarah as MY first grade teacher! :)
I am enjoying reading your posts, and I can almost "hear" you both as you write. Thanks!
Love you both!

Patti said...

i think that's how all teachers feel about teaching....real, true teachers anyway

if you don't feel that way, maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that God has put you into this posistion where you get to fulfill your calling even more than you already have. I know that your students will love you like I love you. I miss you so much. Abigail

Brandy Stanley said...

Hey guys! We love to read your stories. It especially helps Brady to see your pictures. We go to the map regularly to try to help him understand why we can't see you in person right now! We pray for you daily and will continue to. God bless you!

Unknown said...

It makes perfect sense Sarah. My best ideas come when I am knee deep in kids trying to handle 5 different kids talking to me at once. God realy has done amazing things in me thru the experience of teaching. You will love those students and contend for them in a way that you never knew was possible. There is a joy that comes with teaching that no other job provides. Nothing is more a amazing than when you have a child that is struggling and after you have explained it to them every way you know how and finally the lightbulb goes on and you can see on their face that they understand. Thats what makes every struggle worth every tear you shed. You are going to be amazing!

Amy

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello from Pittsburg!
It was very good to read your posts. I love seeing what God is doing. It so builds my faith and encourages my heart! I love seeing what is built in you come to fruition. God's dreams are much bigger and better than ours. More than we could ever hope or dream. I can't wait for all the stories you will both share about your kids.
We miss you and love you heaps and gobs.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett

Em said...

Dang, Sarah! I wasn't planning on crying my eyes out when I hopped on tonight! :) How could you even doubt your articulation? It is so awesome to read your heart. You are going to be an absolutely incredible teacher. Those children have so much to look forward to...

Love you,
Em

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
You make perfect sense. It's in your DNA. Is there anything more wonderful than having the opportunity each day to impart to the next generation! I am so excited for you and look forward to hearing about your class as the year progresses.
I hope to send you some letters and pictures from the students soon!