Saturday, February 23, 2008

Church Shopping

It's Sunday in Suwon. Last week we went to the church at our school. It was a great experience, but we couldn't understand much of what was being said. The pastor (and headmaster of the school), told us about an English speaking church that is nearby. We will take a short bus ride and then walk for about ten minutes. It's called Life Church. The service starts at 11:00. After the service, we will meet up with Kevin and Kate and their homegroup. It's going to be a great day!
I've received numerous questions about the smells here. There are many different smells. Our apartment smells fresh, clean and inviting. The air on the campus smells like Spring will make an appearance soon. Some people and places carry the scent of the strong ingredients that make up much of the cuisine. If you put all these scents together, it smells like we're living in God's dream.
Love to all ~ Micah

10 comments:

Steve Haden said...

Living in God's dream... Man, what a great place to live!!

Steve Haden said...

Do you have a regular email address?

Steve Haden said...

Ok, last one for today. I just checked out Life Church in Suwon in their web page. If they are true to their beliefs posted on the website, sounds like you guys might fit right in... Let us know how it goes!

Doug and Denise said...

It sure sounds as if things are going so well. You guys will have a lot to teach us when you get back! You will have to let us know how Life Church is. We miss you, but are pleased that you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. Let us know how your Sunday went. We haven't even started ours yet!
Love you and miss you,
Denise

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
I'm glad that you guys found a church that you can understand what their saying. I don't know why everybody is so interested in the smell there. I miss you guys so much and I wish that you could come to church with us. Love Abigail

Unknown said...

I hope that Church was wonderful for you guy's. Living in God's dream.......how amazing!
Love you,

Amy

Anonymous said...

Micah and Sarah, I am praying that God will show you what church you are to connect with. How are Kevin and Kate doing? I miss you both. It helps that you have been faithfull to keep us updated. Please don't stop. Ryan has started his new job and is enjoying it so far. He is going to Wichita this morning for an orientation before his training that is scheduled for the first 3 weeks in March. Hannah is cute as ever. I will try to email you updated pictures of her soon. She is beginning to speak more since she has had the tubes put in her ears. I have started my last week of work. I am excited but feel a little weird since I have been working since I was fourteen. I will also email again.

Love,
Rachel

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello from Wichita!
Dad has a seminar today, tomorrow and Wednesday here at the Airport Hilton. We will also get together with Aunt Judy and Uncle Jim and see grandma while we are here. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will be getting together with Aunt Sonya. I may try to see some of my sisters as well but I don't have too much time to do that since most of them work during the day.

How are things going since the last entry? How was church?
We miss you greatly. Much Love and Affection,
Mom and Dad Sterrett

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
I think that Patti was right about you abandoning us. I've been waiting for ever for you to post again. I'm dying to hear from you. I miss you so much. Write soon. Love you,Abigail.

Em said...

Hey Guys!
I am sorry it has been a few days since I have commented. Trust me, it's not for lack of missing you guys. When Josiah and I get settled in Ellsworth and have our own personal computer with internet and such, I promise that I will write everyday, or as close to it as I can. :)
I hope that something will just "click" with you guys as far as a church and you will know beyong a shadow of a doubt that you are where you belong. God knows exactly where you are to be and will make His will known to you.
I love you and I will write again soon.
Em