Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Korean Lotterer's

Thank you so much to everyone that is reading and especially commenting on our posts. We have decided to look for people that we feel God has given us temporarily that remind us of people back home. One of the first people we met after getting off the plane was Sarah's boss Joshua, (or J for this story). A couple of days later, J brought his family by to pick us up and take us to the store. They are a beautiful family with three wonderful children. (girl, boy, girl). J's wife's name is Esther, she's basically from Toronto and has lived here for a few years. She's as nice as the day is long. J and Esther are in their mid-30's and their children's names are Jennifer, Justin, and Bethany. He used to be a banker and she works at a place that produces telephone directories. All but the last sentence of this story is true.
Lotterer's- Please, don't think of this as a replacement. I'm sure you know that could never happen. It's just an exercise designed for our comfort and to ease the pain of parting.

I just received my calendar of events for the school year. It sounds like there will be plenty of field trips to look forward to. My classes will be going to Everland, (one of the biggest and most popular amusement parks in Korea). We will also go to Jeju Island which is almost like Hawaii for Koreans. It's a beautiful place off the southern tip of the country. It seems like a pretty elaborate field trip for 5th and 6th graders. As English teachers, we also have the opportunity to go to a seminar in Hong Kong, China for three days in November. (by opportunity I mean that there will be a seminar, but it will cost us $800 each if we choose to attend). We have almost a year to budget and plan, who knows? If you add the fact that we will be going to Japan soon to get our visas, we will actually be even more well traveled than we ever thought possible!

Thank you for "listening" to me ramble. If we can't actually talk to every one of you, this will have to hold us for now. God is and will always be amazing! We love everyone, ~Micah

9 comments:

Kate said...

Wow!
Micah, you will go to the Everland.
It's my favorite place. and it isn't far from Suwon.(just 30min.)
Jeju Island is most lovely place for honey moon. But I have never been Jeju Island.
Actually, Kevin and I picked up these two places to go with you guys.
Now, I need to think others.

Anyway, Can we meet this Sunday?
Which church will you attend to?
Choose ours... please :)
We don't have homegroup meeting this Sunday. So Kevin and I want to hang out with you guys if you have time. I know both you are very busy.
See you!

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello,
It was good to see another posting. Chris and I will be heading home this afternoon after we see grandma once again. We spent the evening with Jim and Judy and had a lovely time with them. It was nice to "catch up". Their kids and grandkids will be coming in mid March to spend some time with them. We will try to come also to see them. We look forward to it.

It sounds like you will have wonderful opportunities for travel. Will Sarah accompany you on any of the trips planned?

I love the stories you tell and the way you tell them. It was also good to read Kate's comments. Makes me feel closer somehow.

The weather here is lovely...how about there?

Much Love and Affection,
Mom Sterrett

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Kate thinks you should attend her church:)I am so glad to hear that you are re-connecting with Kevin and Kate. Isn't it amazing that God is using relationships across the globe to build and extend His kindom? I think it is. Many thanks to both of you for being faithful to write so often. Even though I miss you tremendously, it helps knowing that you are doing well.
Love,
Rachel

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

Hey, I want to meet with you guys and Kevin and Kate on Sunday too! I vote that we all go! :-)

Patti said...

please, please, please tell me that there will be a photo of the korean lotterers up soon

that just kills me

Anonymous said...

Yes God is amazing! It is great that your school has so many field trips. WE don't have very many. Especially trips to amusement parks. That seminar costs a lot of money for each person.I mean 1,600 dollars is a lot. I miss you so much. Have fun going to those field trips. Abigail

Tiffany said...

Hi guys,
The snow looks amazing. I wish it would snow like that here. Miss you love you.

Anonymous said...

I loved those pictures! Your hat is awesome Sarah! That snow was beautiful. To bad it already melted. It is so good to see you guys's faces. I miss you so much. Abigail

Em said...

Micah, you have the best stories. I love how you were talking about J and Esther and just throwing in the sentence talking about Esther's job working for a company that produces telephone books... How I miss your stories and your facial expressions to go with! :) Please tell any and all stories you can come with, be they true or not! LOL. Love you guys!
Em