Monday, February 25, 2008

It's Snowing!

Sunday was interesting. We are still praying and trying to decide where to attend. It's our Tuesday morning now and it has been snowing since Monday afternoon. I have some great shots of the snow, but the wireless connection has been giving me trouble, so this is a pictureless post from my office. It's 8:35 am and I think I'm supposed to be here at 9:00, so I have some free time. As soon as our personal connection is back up, I'll put the pictures on flickr. The snow is much lighter now, but there is quite a bit on the trees and the ground. It's beautiful.
Last night, Sarah and I walked to the store in the snow. I had a hood, but Sarah didn't. We found a really cute hat for her to wear on the way home. It was about $10 but the lady said it was on sale for $5. Sweet hat, sweet deal! The hat and Sarah will also be in the snow pictures.
We ended up taking a taxi back to the school since we had too much to carry.(it's about 2 big city blocks). The cab driver couldn't quite understand us, even when I said the name of the church in Korean! He just didn't know where that was. We almost hit a guy on a scooter and we got honked at a couple of times, but we made it home.
We are still making preparations to start the new school year and we are both very excited. Tomorrow I meet my special students. I think there may be two, but I'm not positive.
I know this may not sound very spiritual, but you could pray that our internet connection is taken care of. We rely heavily on our communications back and forth. God is still at work on that bridge, making it stronger and wider everyday. We love you, each and every one! ~Micah

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I bet the snow there is pretty. And I bet it's acctually snow not ice. Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Your are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you both.

Tiff

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello again from Wichita,
It was good to get on and see a post, actually two since yesterday. I'm glad you made it back safe and sound to your home after shopping. Those things are real important to me. I love to hear about everyday stuff. I smile when I read your notes. I smile because I think of you and the way you are. I miss you. It does sound like you are getting ready for some busy and wonderful days. I don't think it is "unspiritual" to pray for your internet. God knows we NEED to keep in touch. That helps us all feel more connected to you and what God is doing. I am so excited for you to meet your special students. Dad and I will be heading home tomorrow. I just got back from lunch with Aunt Sonya and some much needed "catch-up" time. We are both amazed by God's goodness to us all. We have much history together and know it is nothing we deserve.
Love and miss you much.
Love Mom Sterrett

Anonymous said...

I bet that that snow is very beautiful. I wish I were there. I can't wait to see those pictures. All we get is A LOT of ice. Thanks for keeping up with the posts. I love you and miss you sooooooo much. Abigail

Em said...

Hey,
I am so excited to see those pictures. I am sure Sarah looks absoutely adorable in her new hat. :) I am so glad that you are such an awesome photographer, Micah. I guess I would enjoy the pictures even if you weren't, but it tells a more beautiful story when the pictures are as perfect as you capture them. You guys are awesome!