Thursday, February 21, 2008

Retreat

Our retreat was quite relaxing. It was a beautiful place. We walked around the countryside for about an hour. I took plenty of pictures. We saw a ginseng field that looked really cool. We also saw a few tombs. They are small mounds, most of them didn't have any kind of marking at all. After our leisure time all the new teachers introduced themselves to everyone. Pastor Joseph told us to share something unique about ourselves. I sang a song about the three bears in Korean and had the whole place in an uproar. Later, I realized that I was doing just what was spoken over us before we left, using my personality. I also played drums for the worship portion of the evening. They seem very grateful for my willingness to serve. God has been so faithful in giving us chances to serve.We had a wonderful dinner with almost any food you can imagine. My favorite were the ribs cooked on natural wood charcoal.
After a long but important speech by the new Chancellor of the school, we laid hands on a gentleman that is headed to the Philippines for missions work. God was really moving. It reminded me of when Soo prayed for us in Korean. We are finding out more and more each day how closely related our churches are in our beliefs.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

God is so amazing. It sounds like you guy's are being grafted right in to the Church there. Keep being exactly who you are and everything will keep going well. Miss you. Love Amy

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

So, how do I get invited to go on one of these nifty retreats? I like retreats! :-)

Anonymous said...

So uh, I like retreat too. It sounds like you two are still having a marvelous time. Once we get our web cam up I will have to sit down with Hannah and Henry so we can all say hello to eachother.

Rachel

Mom Sterrett said...

Well, I am going to try once again to respond. I tried yesterday but it wouldn't go. I'm sure it is user error but I'm not very blog savvy.
I loved all the pictures. It sure looks like you have a SWEET neighbor. Your home is lovely. My house doesn't look that clean when it's clean.
Miss and love you both so much.
Love Mom Sterrett

EllenBeth said...

Everytime I read one of your blogs or look at your pictures, I think how amazing it is to live in God's dreams! His dreams are so much bigger than ours, and so worth it! I am so happy for you guys! You are a great encouragement and bring such hope of the great things God has planned for our lives. You are living the Jeremiah 29:11-13 because you sought Him you found Him and now you are living in that great future of hope and purpose that He promised!
Thank you for being so faithful to God's will!

Anonymous said...

I think that what God is doing is so awesome. I am so happy that you guys are being connected to people that have the same heart as you and us back home. God is so good to place you where you can feel so at home. I appreciate the way that you guys stepped out in faith and I am happy that God is blessing you for it. I can't wait to see some more pictures.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Oh, dear....
Did I miss Micah's great performance again?
Can I still have a chance to watch such an awesome job?

Em said...

I love your little apartment. It looks so nice and homey. I like the placement of your sink in the kitchen. It is pretty much in the middle in a unique spot. Everything just looks so clean and fresh, which, in turn, makes it look so inviting. I think a visit there is definitely in order... I miss you both so much.
Em

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
It sounds like you had a great time. I't was probably great to just get away. Keep going strong in God. Miss you. Abigail