Monday, February 18, 2008
School lunches
I thought I'd take a few seconds to write...and you would all be so proud of me to know the kinds of foods I've been eating - stuff that not even Rana was able to get me to try:) Today for lunch I had some kind of fish soup (I could only bring myself to eat the broth...but I'm workin' on it!), fried squid (I ate all of this! Pretty tasty!), and this stuff that I'd never heard of before but sounded like it had the word duck in the title - but there was no duck in it, it actually had fish in it too. I ate the cabbagey looking stuff and the spongy-rice noodle-looking stuff:) The sauce on it was delicious, but spicy. And then, of course, rice - sticky rice, very good and neutral:) Love you all, I have so much to say - so be looking forward to future posts - and from Micah too, as he will be getting back from his overnight ski trip today (check comments section of his last post for more info regarding this, I posted a comment to reply to comments received so far:) TTFN, Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sarah!
Kevin and I felt wonder what you ate. Now We got it!
You had "DDuck Bok gi"
We call rice-cake "dduck".
Your expression "spongy rice" sounds very creative and interest. The thickness of sponge-rice noodle is index finger, right? or thicker. DDuck Bok gi is one of the most popular food to all ages. But it is spicy and hot. ^^
I hope you guys enjoy Korean food.
Take care.
Hi,
Sarah you are so brave to try all of that food. It all sounds disgusting to me. I would never be able to try that stuff. Love you.
Abigail
I must admit I am jealous about the new foods you get to try! I will try almost anything at least once, and to have authentic Korean food would just be amazing! Best of luck on your food endeavors!
I left a comment and it didn't save. Here we go again: I'm proud of you for exploring new foods, though, you don't really have a choice.
; )
Sticky rice is always a safe bet.
Kerri
Post a Comment