We have been making strong connections with many of the people here. Speaking of smooth segues, we now have a strong internet connection as well. We just found out yesterday that we have a wire internet hook-up. The phone system on campus is internet based, so we don't have to rely on the weak wireless signal of nearby computers. Thank you for your prayers!
Some of you may think that it is unfair for me to go on all these wonderful field trips while Sarah has to stay behind and work. Don't worry 'bout a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. She will have her own field trips, plus, we will be taking our own personal trips to some of the same places. Kevin and Kate want to take us to Everland amusement park. It's Kate's favorite place. We can't wait to go with them. It's going to be worlds of fun!
I have Thursday and Friday off this week. The cleaning crews are waxing the floors to prepare for the new school year. Sarah is working half a day today(Friday). We both had Thursday off. We went with the K. Lotterer's to the bookstore. It's a relatively small store and most of it is educational and geared toward teaching English. They do have a great room upstairs that is full of awesome books. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Nicholas Sparks, plus a lot of award winning books for young adult readers. I hope to find some books that some of my more advanced students will be able to read. I can tell them in class to go to Little John and buy this book or that book. It is a power that I will make sure not to abuse.
We love you! ~Micah
ps- new pictures have been uploaded
Some of you may think that it is unfair for me to go on all these wonderful field trips while Sarah has to stay behind and work. Don't worry 'bout a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. She will have her own field trips, plus, we will be taking our own personal trips to some of the same places. Kevin and Kate want to take us to Everland amusement park. It's Kate's favorite place. We can't wait to go with them. It's going to be worlds of fun!
I have Thursday and Friday off this week. The cleaning crews are waxing the floors to prepare for the new school year. Sarah is working half a day today(Friday). We both had Thursday off. We went with the K. Lotterer's to the bookstore. It's a relatively small store and most of it is educational and geared toward teaching English. They do have a great room upstairs that is full of awesome books. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Nicholas Sparks, plus a lot of award winning books for young adult readers. I hope to find some books that some of my more advanced students will be able to read. I can tell them in class to go to Little John and buy this book or that book. It is a power that I will make sure not to abuse.
We love you! ~Micah
ps- new pictures have been uploaded
5 comments:
Wow, you guys! I love the photos. Sarah, you are simply lovely in that adorable hat. It suits you well.
I have said it before and I will say it again . . . I am so excited for you both, and can't wait to hear all the stories when you begin teaching. It makes me remember sitting around our house, talking about your teaching experiences, Micah. Some of those stories were so funny.
Thanks for checking out the blog and commenting.
Well, I need to get, but I am thinking of you and praying for you. I am constantly amazed each time I read one of your entries at how good and gracious God is. I look forward to reading your news daily. Thanks for doing such a great job of keeping up posted on what's going on.
Miss you!!
Joy
nice reference to bob marley, there
btw....did you & sarah enjoy your "friends" cd?
I was not worried about Sarah not being able to go on field trips. I'm sure that you would not let that happen. I saw those pictures. They were great. I loved the pic of Sarah's hat and Sarah tells a joke. I miss you so much. (I do more and more every day.) Abigail
Well it sounds like you guy's are fitting right in, I never doubted it for a minute. I knew they would love you as much as we do. Andrea and I can not seem to talk about you without having a few tears. I realy miss you guy's so much. The pictures are so amazing.
Love
Amy
Micah I love the way you express yourself; both of you really. I wish I had the gift of articulation you have. I can hardly wait everyday to read your posts. I enjoy them so much. I also loved the pictures. You, Micah, have such a gift. I wonder what more God will do with that gift as well. Hmmm.
I'm like Abigail. I never had a doubt that Sarah will have her chances at field trips. I have faith in you too Micah. You do take such good care of my daughter.
I appreciate that so much. I tell everyone I know that I have the "cream of the crop" in sons-in law. I truly mean it. God has richly blessed us.
I look forward to more posts especially after school starts. You are in our hearts and prayers. You are greatly missed.
XXOO,
Mom Sterrett
Post a Comment