This is the slogan of the store that Sarah mentioned in her last post. The store is called Homever. The name makes me think of getting Whatever you want for your home. They even have a little jingle that plays in the store: Sweet Home Forever, Sweet Home Forever! It's kinda catchy, now I don't have Boogie Woogie Oogie Oogie in my head anymore.
Our apartment and school is just as great as Sarah implied, and even better. We had our Sunday yesterday. Since there are about seven different services, we attended one at 12:00. Kate met us at the Pie/Coffee shop at 11:00 am. We ate apple cake and drank juice which was imported from America. A cup of ruby red grapefruit juice was $3.00, but it was really good. The lady that started the cafe is the wife of one of the founders of the school and church. His name is Billy Kim. He was a translator for Billy Graham in the mid-seventies. His son is now one of the main pastors at the church and translated for Rick Warren when he came to Korea. The proceeds from the cafe go to some sort of charity in Africa, I believe. After the service, we were able to meet Kate's homegroup. (they call them vineyards). They were a very nice group of young married couples. God has shown His great care and faithfulness at every turn.
I know you may be wondering where all the pictures are. The first pictures I've taken show our apartment in a pretty messy state. I may just post them, then take more once everything is put in order.
Each day we are met with challenges. Not necessarily new challenges, either. The food can be somewhat ominous, as well as trying to shop for food. We are taking things one day at a time. Our first real Korean food, (they've been taking us to American style restaurants to make us feel more at home) was like barbeque chicken on a stick. Very tasty! Please pray that we can get used to the food quickly. God has been so faithful in everything else and I know He cares about this, too. We love you all. We miss you fiercely. I promise to give you pictures soonly. ~Micah
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hi guys,
We're enjoying your updates. Love you both and are praying all continues to go well.
Hi, guys! I just read your new posts, and I am so happy things are going so well for you. God is so GOOD, and it is good to hear from you how he cares about every detail. Sarah, your post made me teary, but in a good way. Our family was talking yesterday about what time it was in Korea, and that you would probably just be getting out of church. :) Thanks for the updates...keep them coming! We love you oodles.
Michelle and family
We missed you in church yesterday and prayed for you, well I'm sure most of us did. Yesterday Joy asked me "What are you going to do now that your circle is smaller?" I recommended, the night we almost ugly cried, that we set a place at the Brooks table for you and Sarah at birthday parties. If we don't do that we'll at least pray for you two!
Miss you!
Kerri B.
Oh yeah, keep us updated on the food situation - we all know how Micah cannot handle certain things. Pictures, messy or magnificent, would be appreciated.
KB
Definitely post the "messy because we're not quite settled in yet" pictures. It'll help us get the story from beginning to end!
And stop making me cry!
And give Kate a big squeeze for me!
Um I don't see any pictures. Did you actually post some? If so, where do I find them? I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I miss you guys already. Family dinner will be a little lonely without you. Please tell Kate I said hello.
Love,
Rachel
I have to agree with Kerri - church just wasn't the same without you...but nothing has been. I think the first "Micah & Sarah-free" event (other than lunch @ the Noga's) will take place next Sunday evening. I already don't like it.
Also, I'm really enjoying the updates but, poor, cynical me can't help but wonder how long all of this will continue. Eventually you will feel truly at home in Korea and I'm sure you'll forget all about us here in Kansas. (How many people do you think will get onto me for that remark?)
Seriously, though, I love and miss you both so much. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.
"Talk" to you soon ~
Patti
I am loving the bloggs. I am so excited that you are feeling a connection with the people there. I love it when God takes care of us! LOVE YOU BOTH AND MISS YOU! I do miss your worship leading already Sarah (not that Andrea and your dad don't do a great job, but I miss you).
Thank you all so much for the comments! They are invaluable to us! And Patti! You are in so much trouble! You put me down officially as one of the people who "got on" to you! It makes me sad to think of the "Micah and Sarah free" events that are going on without us. But...life is good and God is, of course, being so faithful to us. Micah went on an overnight ski trip yesterday with his 5th and 6th graders - I talked to him on the phone last night and he said they're staying in some fancy-shmancy ski resort! You'll all have to tease him about abandoning his wife when we've only been in this brand new country for less than a week! :) Naw, I'm really very happy for him to get a chance to have fun and get to know his students.
Hey Guys,
It is so good to hear from you again. I still can't belive that you guys are there and not here with us. Be sure to get those pics up soon. Love you and miss you.
Abigail
I must agree, going to church is not the same with out you guys. I know you aren't supposed to have favorites but Sarah you have always been my favorite worship leader! Some things just won't be the same without you guys! But it will be good for us to step up and you can carry that contagious worship to Korea and into your classroom! Much love!
Post a Comment