Our time in Korea is rapidly disappearing! It's hard to believe how quickly our time here has disappeared! God has been SO faithful to us!
Here's just a brief update on what we've been up to lately. Last Saturday we went into Seoul with Kevin and Kate because we had a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant that we won in our homegroup's white elephant gift exchange (SCORE!). And we just wanted to hang out:) It was much different than what Micah and I had been expecting - there was all sorts of seafood dishes, including raw fish. Yes, I tried the sushimi as well as jellyfish tentacles! And, no, I didn't really like either of them:) It was a texture thing! And it's all on vidya, but I think they're still on the camera, so I'll try to add them later:)
We started back to school on Monday, though students didn't come until Friday. We've had a few going away dinners for some of the teachers that are leaving, and our turn will be arriving soon. Tears will be shed. On Thursday, I met my replacement teacher for the bilingual program, and she is wonderful! I am so thrilled that they were able to find someone like her, and we plan to stay in touch, so I've also got a new friend! I've really been praying that the school would be able to find a good replacement, so this is really an answer to prayer.
Today is Saturday for us. We had worship practice with our homegroup and the worship team at the church. We're going to help lead an English worship service tomorrow! We're pretty pumped about it! After the worship service, Micah and I are supposed to get up and testify and share prayer requests, and I think they're going to pray for us right then and there. We only have one Sunday left here after this! For those of you who have been following our blog, God's goodness has been evident; however, the blog doesn't show the half of it! God has been SO good to us, and I don't think you'll be able to shut us up once we get home!
We're still busily packing and throwing yet more stuff out, cleaning and still more sorting looming ahead! I know that was pretty brief, but it's now after midnight here and I'm gettin' a little tired! Love you all! ~Sarah
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, lots of great stuff! I am trying to keep myself in check about you both coming home but it is way difficult. It almost feels like if you pinch me I will wake up from this dream...Honestly words cannot express the deep, great joy that I have in knowing you will be here with us in less than two weeks! I know God is going to take what you have learned there and teach us when you come home. Not only that but we just always miss you, especially when we are gathered and you're not with us. Michael was ecstatic when he realized we are ALL going to be together for the very time in many years, at Dad's birthday celebration. If I keep talking I'm going to be crying, so will quit for now. Love you both so much. Finish strong. Thank you God that You answered our prayers so BIG.
I meant to say "for the very FIRST time in many years"...should have read more carefully.
I concur with Mom. There is no way to put into words just how very missed you have been and how excited and ready everyone is to have you home. Oof... I'm gonna cry too, so I think that'll have to be it for now. I love you and can hardly wait to see you again!
Em
I am also very excited that you guys will be coming home soon. However, I do feel close to tears for the family you will be parting. I have a "gut" feeling that it will not be the last time they see you guys. Maybe when you take trips back and forth you will be able to bring some of us to meet your family there.
Love you both,
Rachel
For some reason I want to cry after reading this blog. Maybe just mentioning tears makes me want to cry? I am so excited to see the new Parsons and hear all about your time in Korea first-hand. I know you've transformed and are not the same two people who left two years ago. I am sad for you to leave your kids and new friends, church family, and culture behind but it's encouraging to see how God has molded and shaped you in the experience. See you soon.
I hope you keep blogging when you return.
On another note: you two bring people together in a way you won't ever realize. I'm looking forward to your return. To you being on the worship team again. Having two wonderful friends back.
Yes, we will be here at the same time. I, too, am very excited that we will be home together! I can't to see you guys!
10 days!
ten days!
TEN days!
CAN'T WAIT!! It's almost time! BTW, how was worship last Sunday as you said you were leading an English service?
Post a Comment