Monday, January 11, 2010

We Love Tokyo










Here are only a few shots of our amazing trip to Tokyo. We had an amazing time. We're already trying to figure out when we can go back. (and who we can convince to come with us). We love Tokyo. I have so many pictures. I will be uploading more in the coming days. We saw so many great things. It's hard to pick out the best shots to show everyone.
The first picture is my lovely wife in McDonalds on our first night in Tokyo. It was right across the street from our hotel. We ate there 2.25 times and I don't apologize for it. The second picture is at Tsukiji Fish Market. This man is a cutlery specialist. Most of the knives shown are used in the preparation of fish. Big fish. The third picture is a famous statue of Hachiko. His story is a great one. Enrich your life by looking it up and reading it. The fourth picture is a fancy pagoda at Senso-ji shrine. We didn't participate in any of the prayer or worship being held there. I just thought the buildings looked pretty cool. The last picture is from our absolute favorite part of the trip. Mt. Fuji. It was truly awe inspiring. I couldn't quit taking pictures. In between shots I just stood and stared. We'll give you a more detailed description of our trip sometime soon. Until then, enjoy.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. so cool! Glad you got to go! LOVE the last pic...amazing! Can't wait to see you guys!
My word: mouff as in "My mouff hurts."

Joy said...

Wow! Once again, awesome pics! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time there.

Joe said...

Ah, the wonder of the orient. Thank you for sharing.

EllenBeth said...

Just for the record, if you guys ever want another person to travel with you to some uber cool place such as Tokyo, or pretty much anywhere else in the world, I am just that gal! Tokyo looks beautiful through your lens!

Patti said...

You can tell me a more detailed description when you COME HOME.

Mom Sterrett said...

Thank you for the pictures. You are right, it is awe-inspiring. The top of Mount Fugi looks flat just like you described. I feel honored to have seen even the pictures as you stated (Sunday night) that there is usually cloud cover and the top cannot be seen. I'm so happy you got to have a vacation. I look forward to the "rest of the story". Love you both much. Miss you lots.

Kerri said...

I'm blown away by your skills.