
Today is a wonderful, cool November day. It actually felt like winter this morning! Right now the sun is starting to get lower in the sky, and it's shining through the leaves setting them all aflame with autumn glory.We've been enjoying our time off with home-made soup and good books. In addition to enjoying soup, we've also been enjoying some delicious home-made chocolate-chip cookies that Micah made! You have no idea! Chocolate chip cookies are a rarity around here! Micah managed to bring some chocolate chips back with him after his recent visit home.
Earlier today, as we were looking out our front window, what should appear but a little black squirrel! It was so cute - it looked so different from other squirrels that we're used to seeing. In addition to being black, it also had longer-than-usual ears that pointed straight up with fuzzy fur on the tips, and it had a white belly. I will hopefully be able to post a picture of it.
It's hard to believe that we're so close to coming home. I still remember so vividly our first night spent here - all the raw emotion, the overwhelming "newness" of everything, and the weighty realization that we were going to be living here! Away from all we'd ever known! This was not just going to be a vacation. And now...we're reaching the end of it. Right now I'm just trying to process why it was that God brought us here - I think only He'll know for awhile. I know that He has done something in us concerning our faith in Him and in our relationship with each other. And our view of the world has changed. It seems...bigger? I don't know...I think this one will take a while to summarize too. And yet, one fact remains - God's kingdom's culture is universal. If it were not, in fact, there's no way we could have made it this far. It has been God's people that have encouraged, strengthened, and upheld us while we've been here. And I know it's not just about us - at all actually- but I'm so thankful that God's plan does include our sanctification. One of our biggest desires right now is to correctly discern God's will for our lives so that we can be fully obedient to Him. We've got ideas of our next step, but God is truly the one that determines it. Hope this post finds you all in good health in every way. Love you, Sarah
Squirrel Friend:)

Picture of our apartment and hill
Picture of distant city landscape with mountain and clouds
6 comments:
This is the time of year when I miss you guys the most. Halloween, Thanksgiving (hold the oyster stuffing, please), Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas, soup nights (which have to be reinstated when you return), staying up late watching movies....then staying up even later just talking (Febreze of Jesus, anyone).
Love you and miss you. See you in 3 months.
PS: I'm tired of looking at the same old pictures on Flickr.
Love the update. I also loved the pictures. We can't wait until you guys are back. Ryan and I were actually discussing that very thing at breakfast this morning. We are both so excited to have you back.
Love,
Rachel
Sarah,
What an incredible life experience you and Micah are having in Korea, and you have learned and seen and grown so much. I think you are right about not knowing sometimes exactly why we have gone through things we have. But one day, something will happen and you will think, "Oh! If we had not gone to Korea, this would never have made sense, and I would not have been ready for it!" Our lives are like a story unfolding. Every chapter is integral for the overall plot, and the characters are often clueless as to why they are doing this or that, hurtling toward events that they alone were created to "live out", and only the author knows why. I am looking forward to hearing all your stories!! And watching God's great plan continue to come together in your lives. And I, for one, am glad we are connected in this story of life (even if Micah thinks we're germy!!)
Love ya
I ditto Joy. She says it much better than I could. It is exciting to know you will be back soon.
Love you,
Rana
Thank you for all of the wonderful pics! I miss you very much. I can't wait to see you!
Thanks for the lovely pictures and the lovely blog...made me appreciate the beautiful weather we've had here. What a cute squirrel! I've never seen the likes. I am amazed each week when we talk...you've both grown so much and have gained a confidence I am so glad to see. God has done amazing things since you've been there. I'm excited how that will translate when you come home. We love and miss you soooooo much. I hope you feel that each time we talk. That's what I try to convey. That you're not out of sight, out of mind, ever. You are missed. You are loved. HUGE.
XXXXOOOO
Post a Comment