Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Advent Pt. I


I believe it was Merriam, or was it Webster?, who penned the definition of Advent - the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas and observed by some Christians as a season of prayer and fasting.


Luke 2: 1-5

1-5About that time Caesar Augustus ordered a census to be taken throughout the Empire. This was the first census when Quirinius was governor of Syria. Everyone had to travel to his own ancestral hometown to be accounted for. So Joseph went from the Galilean town of Nazareth up to Bethlehem in Judah, David's town, for the census. As a descendant of David, he had to go there. He went with Mary, his fiancée, who was pregnant. ~The Message

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Advent to you too!

Patti said...

What an amazing photograph! Wow!
It was great talking to you (and hearing Sarah)the other night.

Em said...

Funny you should post something about Advent. I was able to participate in 2 nights of Advent with the Noga family. I have to admit, I'd never thought of celebrating it before.
You were sorely missed at Thanksgiving! You are missed each and every day!!!! I love you guys and can hardly wait to have you come home.

Joy said...

Happy Advent!! I love the first week of Advent, because the focus of it is Hope. I have hope for lots of things, and one of them is seeing you both home soon. Have a wonderful holiday season, Mr. and Mrs. Parsons. We love you!!!

Mom Sterrett said...

Thank you once again for a lovely picture and a lovely reminder. I've been watching "The Nativity". I really appreciate the message so much more because it gives more of Joseph's perspective through it all and really what it meant in their day and time to experience the things they went through. God was so incredibly good to do what He did in sending Jesus who made a way for all of us to come to Him. I think everything that reminds us of His sacrifice is a good thing as we don't want to EVER forget or take too lightly His sacrifice. I love and miss you both.