Monday, December 7, 2009

Advent 2: Electric Boogaloo



Advent also means arrival. We celebrate advent because of the advent of Christ. Makes sense, doesn't it?


Luke 2: 6-7

6While they were there, the days were completed for her to give birth.
7And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. (New American Standard Bible).



Saturday was flurrious. I'm not sure if there is a scale by which one can judge the level of snowfall, but as I walked into the wind, it felt like a blizzard. It was the first snow of the year and it was beautiful if somewhat shortlived.

9 comments:

Patti said...

You know how they have those books about nothing: grocery lists, notes, etc.

You guys should have a collection of hilarious blog entry titles.

Mom Sterrett said...

Thanks for another update and picture. Always interesting, always fun. Love you both

Michelle said...

I agree with Patti!

Scott said...

What is with the straw on the trees? Or is that a tree mad out of straw? Is that some Korean thing?

Micah & Sarah said...

Landscapers wrap the smaller trees with straw for the winter. It's probably supposed to protect them from the weather. I always thought that is why God made bark.

Micah & Sarah said...

Electric Boogaloo is the subtitle of the sequel to Breakin'. Some guys I used to work with would always add it to the name of a sequel, no matter what it was. It's fun to have fun.

EllenBeth said...

It's so good to hear your voice Sarah! We've had some flurries too, but it didn't stick. For the most part it is too warm for snow. Love you!

Joy said...

As always, I am missing you guys at this time of year. Hope all is well with you. It is always enjoyable to read your blog!!

Patti said...

Was that Electric Boogaloo qualifier for your other readers? I, of course, already know what that references.