Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Advent 4: If Only In My Dreams


This was our Christmas feast on Sunday. Strawberries, Domino's Pizza, Spaghetti, and our choice of ten different pieces of cake. We chose the one with the giant curls of chocolate. Hayoung is eating crust. We partook of this feast at our Vineyard meeting. It was a great time. We did a gift exchange, complete with the ability to steal gifts from others. I stole a $50 gift certificate to a restaurant in Seoul and Sarah stole some jars of hot tea mix. It looks like giant jars of jam, but you mix it with hot water to make tea. When they lit candles in the cake and we started singing "Happy Birthday", I thought someone had remembered my birthday after all, but we just sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. I felt silly for hoping.
We also just received two boxes in the mail from our families. Thanks families! We opened our birthday stuff, but we're saving our Christmas stuff for Friday. (Okay, Thursday night...okay I opened mine and rewrapped them, don't tell Sarah).

I leave you with the last few verses of the story of Jesus birth in Luke. His advent. The greatest thing that has ever happened! We know why He advented and that is cause for celebration!




Luke 2:13-20 New American Standard Bible


13And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 14"Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."
15When the angels had gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds began saying to one another, "Let us go straight to Bethlehem then, and see this thing that has happened which the Lord has made known to us."
16So they came in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He lay in the manger.
17When they had seen this, they made known the statement which had been told them about this Child.
18And all who heard it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds.
19But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart.
20The shepherds went back, glorifying and praising God for all that they had heard and seen, just as had been told them.






"I'll Be Home For Christmas" keeps running through my head.

Happy Christmas Everybody!












6 comments:

Em said...

Love you guys! I hope your Birthday was amazing, Micah! You are VERY missed!

Michelle said...

Merry Christmas, and you are definitely in our thoughts!

Unknown said...

Counting down til you are stateside. Ellen opened her presents on Skype. You guys are still kids at heart. Can't wait til the big day.
Merry Christmas to you both.

Joy said...

Not a holiday goes by that I don't think of you guys. You have graced our home many times on festive occasions! I have fond memories of them all. The one I was remembering today: Micah's gift of a picture of dad and gram to my family a few years ago. Very special. Thank you for being a part of our memories. Here's to making new ones when you return. We are looking forward to hanging out with you guys! Merry Christmas (though it's an hour and a half from being over, here) and a blessed New Year. See ya on the flip side . . .

Patti said...

Hope you guys had a great Christmas without me ;)

I missed you both terribly.

Mom Sterrett said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and glimpses into your life...makes me feel closer. We missed you at home but were happy to brighten your Christmas even a little. Loved talking to you over the weekend...LOVE your sense of humor. Thinking of you always makes me smile. Love you both. Cannot wait to see you! Have a great time in Japan.