Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Break Approacheth




Our first semester is rapidly coming to a close. We have loads of work to do before we can take a break. Most of the work includes grade card preparation and things of that nature. Sarah has been doing assessments of her students that will include written comments on their progress. Please, pray that we push through and come out on top of the pile of paperwork.
This Friday is the Fourth of July! Except here they call it, (drum roll please)...Friday. I have found a few tiny fireworks, but nothing like back home. I would ask Kimi to smuggle me a One Bad Mother-in-Law from Jake's, but I don't want her to get caught at customs, 'cause then they would confiscate my fireworks.
Speaking of Kimi, we are also busy making preparations for her visit to South Korea. She will be staying with us for most of her visit, but Kevin and Kate are looking into the possibility of a home stay with a family from church. It sounds like it could be a really great part of her experience abroad. We're getting excited to have a visitor. We'll get to walk around like we know something about this place for a change. We're going to go on a photo safari. That's where you go around "hunting" for photographs to take. It will be 'da bomb. Kimi will also be helping Sarah with Creative Camp Week. That's a camp that lasts about a week where the kids are creative. It'll be sweet.
That's a quick synopsis of our next few days.
Please, enjoy the picture of Sarah's students and of the winged robot guy fighting with Tigress from Kung Fu Panda.
Love to all,
Micah

10 comments:

Patti said...

I'm glad you're getting a visitor, too. I'm not too happy that it isn't me, though. Maybe next time.

I'll try to have some 4th of July fun for you....but it's not really my bag.

Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Nice pic!

Kerri said...

I want to go on a photo scavenger hunt! I'm third string photographer here....which I don't mind, actually.

Steve Haden said...

Aussie Cheese Fries.... mmmmmm. Ya I know those are from the last post, but still.....

Joy said...

I so want to be visiting you guys! Can you believe you're already there almost five months? I'm so glad your moms will be visiting soon also (and I mean that in the most plural way -- I'm not goin' ghetto on ya.)
I will be praying for you as you face the mounds of paperwork. I am in the throes of lesson planning here, so I feel ya. Give Sarah my love. As always, you have made me laugh (especially your last post). You both are in our thoughts and prayers always!!
Joy

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture of the kids. They are such cuties! How are you and Sarah doing with getting ready for the summer English camp? I hope you guys are not getting to stressed. Ryan, Hannah, and I are doing well.
Love,
Rachel

donCarona said...

Micah, as always, I love your sense of humor!

Happy 4th!!! bang-Bang-BANG!!!

I'm gonna go see Phantom of the Opera in Tulsa--bit of a summer vacation--(or va-cashe if you're old world!)

Keep up the good (God) work!

Love ya,
dad

Mom Sterrett said...

Thanks for the great pictures. Loved the one of the kids especially. I hope I get a chance to meet some of them or all of them for that matter.
Em, Josiah and Donovan are here this weekend. Wonderful to have them!
Our time is getting closer for our trip and I am getting so excited! Kimi and I were talking at church about her trip. I think we are going to miss each other as she comes home and we are coming to visit. Too bad because I wanted to hear all about her trip.
Sorry you don't get to experience the fireworks Micah. We're going to Oswego tomorrow to see most of the fam. We will miss you there. All of us.
Is the weather as hot there as they told you it would be? It has been near the 90's and a little above sometimes this past week. I imagine August will be hotter so I think we will be readied for Suwon.
Love you both much.
XXOO
Mom Sterrett

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

Just for the record, Kerri's the most rockin' third-string photographer I've ever encountered! I'll send you some of the GREAT pics she took from Henry's 1st birthday party.
Love,
Ang

Em said...

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm more than a little jealous that Kimi is the one to get to visit you first. Argh... Hopefully it will be me at some point though!