Friday, May 30, 2008

Work Visas!!!





We are back from Japan and we have shiny, new work visas! It is such a great feeling. God continues to be so faithful at every turn. I'll let Sarah write about some of the details of our trip. It was such an interesting outing. Japan has an oppressive feeling, at least the area we visited. Our hotel was in an area saturated with bars, nightclubs and gambling parlors. We escaped to our hotel room at around 8:00 Wednesday night. We made sure to pack a Bible and it came in handy. In order to ward off the bad vibes, we prayed and read our Bible a little extra that night. I'm afraid most of my pictures might include some sort of wierd religious symbolism that I am not aware of. Hopefully, they look cool. Check them out by clicking on the flickr link on the top right.


Thanks for sharing in our glee about our new visas. Praise God!

11 comments:

keira said...

HOORAH! for work visas! We're glad that all worked out for you. Guess what worked out for us?! The reproduction process. Yep, we're gonna have a baby. While you're in Korea teaching cute little kids, we're over here, hard at work making little kids. That's about all we have to say about that.
Love, Jeremiah and Keira

Joy said...

Hey! Praise God for work visas, huh? I love the pics of Japan. It seems like such a colorful place. I would love to visit one day.
We have begun summer break, and summer looks like it will be busy, but not too busy to miss you guys!
Think of you often and pray for you always!
Joy

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!

Mom Sterrett said...

Hi you two.
Thanks for the update. I love reading anything you write.
I'm glad the trip went okay and you were able to make your flight okay...that might have been a little nerve wracking. Whew!
I will go look at the pics in a few mins.
Just want to say "hi", "love you", "miss you." (bunches)
XXOO
Mom Sterrett

Em said...

Hey Guys!
Congratulations on getting your work visas. I am glad you won't have that to worry about anymore. it was goodto talk to you finally on skype. i miss you both so much. i have to go put donovan down for his nap now. love you.

Shelden said...

Thank God for work visas!

Steve Haden said...

I once had a work visa. My boss gave it to me and told me go gas up his car!

Ugo said...

I know a few things about work visas! Congrats.

Anonymous said...

okay,so I am really dying for you to write another post!

Michelle said...

Hey, you are welcome to check out my blog, too...:)
The letters I have to type in for my "word verification" almost looks like a naughty word. ha

Steve Haden said...

Tap tap tap... Is this thing on?