
Merriam-Webster defines inclusion as the act or practice of including students with disabilities in regular school classes. According to the 'special needs' coordinator in my building, "Inclusion is like heaven on earth." She was afraid that I wouldn't be able to understand her broken English but I think she got her point across quite effectively. Instead of spending their entire day sequestered away from the other students, the special needs students at Central Christian Academy spend much of their day in the regular classroom. It's hard to tell who benefits the most from this situation, the special needs students, or the students that learn to help the weak and the less fortunate, not to mention the English-speaking teachers from Southeast Kansas that have the great fortune to witness it on a daily basis. Heaven on Earth? Yeah, I think so.
10 comments:
Yes when we have eyes to see we realize God has not stopped bringing heaven to earth. That is the call and purpose of the church. We, co-labors with him have the privilege and responsibility to choose when and where by our simple obedence. WOW, no wonder Paul prayed for our eyes of understanding to be opened.
Love and miss you
It's incredible the perspectives you are gaining on life, work and the church, and God. I'm glad you are sharing them with us and making us grow in the process. Fight the good fight.
God is so great!
Ditto Abigail. Hey Abby,can't wait until we go to Colorado.
Wow. I don't know what else to say.
Hi guys! I love hearing all that God is doing in your lives. I have an uncle who has special needs and it is amazing all that is being done today to include those with special needs. It really is wonderful for everyone involved. God is so good, I love hearing all that He is doing across the world. Miss you both a bunch!!!
hey guys !!!!! I miss you guys very much. I"m going to Colorado on Monday.
-Molly
If I do not comment for a few days, that means that I am on vacation in Colorado. (Their is no internet service there) So do not get offended if I do not comment. I will be sure to catch up when I get back! Love you.
Hello Micah and Sarah,
It has been a few days since my last post. I hope that you are both doing well. Today is Memorial Day so Ryan, Hannah, and I are getting to spend the day together. I will write again to let you know how my first OB appointment goes on Wednesday.
Love,
Rachel
Hey guys miss you bunches and bunches. Hope i see you guys again.
-Molly
Post a Comment