
First of all, it was amazingly great and wonderfully fantastic to see and speak with everyone on your Sunday morning. We were able to watch and listen to the rest of the service. I fell asleep on camera toward the end of the message. It was great to hear Scott Parish, it was just 3:00 a.m. here. We had Monday off, so we slept in comfortably.
Now, it's already Friday evening. Our week has gone by in a flash. Last night, Sarah and I went with Kim Soo-hyun and Sejin(say-jeen) to a concert in Seoul. Soo-hyun is a Special Needs teacher in Sarah's building and Sejin is one of their students. His mom was playing the piano in the concert. Things did not quite go according to plan. Soo volunteered to drive her car.(we don't have one). We left the school at about 5:17 p.m. Seoul is usually about an hour or an hour and a half away. Last night, for some reason, it took us over 3 and a half hours! We got to the auditorium about 2 minutes before the last song was over. Sejin had slept almost the whole way so he was full of energy. I tried to keep up with him with my camera. I'll post images of our adventures. His parents came out of the concert hall a few minutes after we got there and we all went to dinner. They paid for our meals even though we missed the concert. We had Japanese noodles at Saporo at 9:30. After dinner we went to Cold Stone Creamery! Sejin couldn't wait for Cold Stone, so he was sitting with his dad in Baskin Robbins with a huge ice cream cone. On the way to CSC he saw a case of ice cream outside a small store. He gave up on the Baskin Robbins cone for a convenient store cone. It was pretty amusing.
Soo was very upset that we had taken so long to get to Seoul and that we had missed the concert. We assured her that it wasn't her fault. Then Sarah prayed for her as we drove home. It was almost midnight when we got home. I was a little tired today, but I don't regret going. It was so much fun to spend time with Soo and Sejin and his parents.
Now, it's already Friday evening. Our week has gone by in a flash. Last night, Sarah and I went with Kim Soo-hyun and Sejin(say-jeen) to a concert in Seoul. Soo-hyun is a Special Needs teacher in Sarah's building and Sejin is one of their students. His mom was playing the piano in the concert. Things did not quite go according to plan. Soo volunteered to drive her car.(we don't have one). We left the school at about 5:17 p.m. Seoul is usually about an hour or an hour and a half away. Last night, for some reason, it took us over 3 and a half hours! We got to the auditorium about 2 minutes before the last song was over. Sejin had slept almost the whole way so he was full of energy. I tried to keep up with him with my camera. I'll post images of our adventures. His parents came out of the concert hall a few minutes after we got there and we all went to dinner. They paid for our meals even though we missed the concert. We had Japanese noodles at Saporo at 9:30. After dinner we went to Cold Stone Creamery! Sejin couldn't wait for Cold Stone, so he was sitting with his dad in Baskin Robbins with a huge ice cream cone. On the way to CSC he saw a case of ice cream outside a small store. He gave up on the Baskin Robbins cone for a convenient store cone. It was pretty amusing.
Soo was very upset that we had taken so long to get to Seoul and that we had missed the concert. We assured her that it wasn't her fault. Then Sarah prayed for her as we drove home. It was almost midnight when we got home. I was a little tired today, but I don't regret going. It was so much fun to spend time with Soo and Sejin and his parents.
This weekend is going to be very full for us. Saturday will begin with calls to our families. Then at two in the afternoon we go to clean the church building.(sound familiar). : ) Saturday evening we have an outdoor gathering on the grounds then we load up and head to some sort of retreat area where we will have dinner, a meeting, and spend the night. We come back Sunday afternoon. Monday is yet another day off. (buddha's birthday). Instead of sleeping in and taking it easy, we're going to Japan! We will have to get a taxi at about 5:00 a.m. to take us to a place that has a shuttle to the airport. Our flight leaves at 8 or 8:30. We will land in Japan at 9:15, spend the day doing very little and head back at around 3:00 the same afternoon. This trip is to obtain a new ninety-day tourist visa. We are still patiently awaiting all the paperwork for our actual work visas. It makes me wonder if Master Card was the way to go. (hi, Kelsea).
Thank you to everyone who helped to push us well over 9 comments on the last post. Maybe this one will hit twenty! We love you, goodnight!
14 comments:
Sweet! I'm first to comment!!
Sounds like to full and busy life has followed you all the way to Korea. On the ice cream cone, sometimes the most simple things in life are the best!
When I walked into the nursery on Sunday and heard your voices in the sanctuary, my heart flip flopped. I miss you sooooo much. Anyway, it was wonderful to have that time to 'see' you and hear you. It really made a difference in the atmosphere of the whole service. Your experiences there sound great and I know God is giving you awesome times with each other and new friends. Thanks for sharing your adventures. I love you lots and lots, Sandy
Thanks for another update Micah.
It sounds like a very busy week for you both. I hope your retreat will go well and also your trip to Japan. Wow, you make that sound like a hop, skip and a jump away. I know it's not.
Sorry your trip to the concert did not go as planned but it sounds like you had a nice time anyway. Somehow things like that can almost be better than the original plan. Makes you wonder what God is up to when things go awry, huh?
I will look forward to talking with you again soon. I miss and love you both very much.
Love,
Mom Sterrett
I think that is kind of weird that it took you way longer than usual. I love you.
-Shelden
Hey Guys
This one is a lot easier to reply. I wish I could have been in Pittsburg last Sunday to be able to jump in on the action of getting to see and talk to you guys. Everyone I have talked to about it said that pretty much everyone immediately was in tears when your faces popped up on screen. You both are loved and missed beyond words. Good luck this coming week in all you do. I hope to get to talk to you at some point this weekend as well.
Loved the story about the little boy and your "adventures". I'm going to go get some ice cream now. :) Love you bunches!
I cannot stand to stay apart from you any more!!!!!I miss you to much!It kills me to hear how you live there because it sounds like life and I want you to live life here. Well, I guess that I just love you so much!!!
I'm so glad the technology worked and everything went well. When I said you had the whole sanctuary in tears, I did mean it. We had several visitors on Sunday too, and they seemed to be touched by your story as well. You are really are living in God's dream.
BTW, you're worth more than many comments, to borrow some words from Jesus.
It is so good to hear from you guys. I think I finally have skype working correctly! I did a test call and the speakers/mic actually worked this time around. I hope you have a great weekend. So how does CSC in Korea compare to the US?
Love,
Rachel
Cool beans, Micah and Sarah. I wish I could jet to Japan for the day . . . ah, the life of world travelers!
Loved your story about the concert that almost was, and the ice cream. Cute kid.
I miss you both. Wish you were here so we could share our tales of new house woe.
Actually, when I am thinking about you guys, which is often, might I add, I think about the many times we would sit around the table or the living room and share stories. Micah, you have some priceless ones, bud.
I smile when I remember.
Love you both and hope all is well with you. You are in my prayers daily.
Joy
Um . . . not sure why I am signed in as Joe. Joy made the above comment.
Love ya :)
Hi, It have taken forever to post a comment due to the fact I hven't for awhile and couldn't remember what email account i used or the password. Let this be a warning to all the others that enjoy reading you posts be don't give back. I repent! I read regularly and pray for you often and think of you everyday and miss you continually. Heeps and goobs
Micah and Sarah, I'm sorry I missed your big screen debut! We went to Omaha to hang out with the Kreighbaums and the Whites for the weekend. The stories you guys post on your blog are always conversation starters around the church, so don't worry that you're ever "out of sight; out of mind." Love you so much.
Andrea
Hey, I just read your comments over on Patti's blog. Go ahead and send your reply to the kids. We can read it to them in church during announcements or something. We'll work it out so they know you replied.
No details on why it took so long? Traffic? Flat tire? Goats crossing the road? Can't wait for your next entry; I enjoy vicariously living your "missionary" life.
Post a Comment