Yes, we're still here...so sorry for the long delay in writing. I think at this point we're pretty much caught up in the daily busy-ness of life here. Although it still hits me periodically "Oh my goodness! We're in SOUTH KOREA!" and then I have that sensation you have in those dreams where you're falling but wake up right before you hit the ground! Know what I mean? If I don't think about it, I could just be anywhere else living life like I always have, but then I do think about it and BAM! My mind is officially blown for awhile! (Is it a while, or awhile? Or are both acceptable?)
Life here is still going really well. Why, just today I was eating my seaweed soup and the thought floated to my consciousness "I kinda like this soup. I'm not just eating it to prevent starvation. Hmm, interesting *small smile to myself*." And you gotta try the cucumber kimchi, delicious! Mashisoy-yo!
Did you hear that our friends from Texas are now expecting their first child! They are! We're all so excited for them, and they're really thrilled about it! A little scared, but thrilled to pieces! They (and we) know that God has His hand upon them, and His timing is perfect (Divine!). Everything will be just fine.
The weather here is starting to feel more like summer and less like spring, but not too bad.
This past week was busy-busy, I worked late a couple nights trying to get things re-organized, re-planned, and materials prepared. I have been meeting with Esther (Joshua's wife) to discuss and actually set goals for the Immersion program - which I am so excited about! One thing that the English teachers have been discussing and meeting about with the pastor is that there aren't any goals for any of the English programs - we're all just kind of thrown into things, and it is all just a teensy disorganized. But, we all know that the potential is vast; so there's a real buzz around here with all of us young teachers eager to make a difference and make this the most cutting-edge and dynamic English program around! Anyway, Esther. She has been such a God-send for me! We met nearly everyday this week to discuss goals for the Immersion program (which is a totally different beast from all the other English classes offered) and to discuss curriculum planning and - well - pretty much all things Sarah felt were going to cave in on her! She is such a great "big-picture" person - and she's unique in that she makes the big-picture seem very attainable, and can help you establish step-by-step goals to get to the big-picture. It seems like most people tend towards either "big-picture" stuff or "the details" (which is where I generally fall), but she really keeps the big picture in mind and sees all the little steps it takes to get there! Anyway, I know that seemed like a really repetitive statement, but I'm just so relieved to have her helping me that all I can do is repeat how relieved I am!
Sorry for all the ramblings! If you would like to pray for us, you could just pray that God would have His way with us here. That He would show us what His will is for us here. There was a little small talk about us doing some kind of English Sunday school program, and other brainstorming type things that may or may not ever happen. We've been praying earnestly that God would show us what it is we're supposed to do while we're here, and your help in praying in that direction would be incredibly cherished. We feel God's hand ever strong in our lives, and He has continued to meet us and provide for our every need. It's weird (a good weird:) how faith grows. It really does start out as maybe a little dab the size of a mustard seed, but then it just begins to take over the whole garden. That's how we feel. Not saying that we're always walking in perfect confidence or whatever - perfection isn't really our strong-suit. But, we really feel that we just offered God our little bit of faith, and He waters that mustard seed, and we just know that He will come through and He will accomplish His perfect will. I'm sure that little analogy was all botched up, but I hope that you get the idea anyway - *sigh*. Well, it's getting sort of late here, and I feel completely exhausted (Micah is already asleep in the recliner, but don't tell him I told you!). We have some videos of here and Japan that we tried to upload a couple of weeks ago, but they wouldn't upload, so I think we just gave up on it; but we'll try again soon! Love you all so much, and thank you for faithfully commenting (even though we don't faithfully write!). ~Sarah
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Good to hear from you agian. You crack me up. Be sure to feed you mom all your new favorite dishes.
you are in our thought often and in our prayers always.
Hey! Good to hear from you! Doug and I have been praying for you along the lines that you were talking about! We miss you guys and think of you often. I know that you are learning more than you even know, and God is doing more in you than you can imagine! We love You and miss you!
Denise
So great to hear from you guys! Thank you both for your prayers! That is so good to hear! We know people are praying for us! We just shake our heads sometimes because we just know that there's no way we could be doing this without people praying for us!
Hello to you both,
It was so good to get on and find a new update. I think about you and pray for you every day.
I am always so encouraged by what you write because you always tell about what God is doing and revealing to you. It is very exciting! He really is more than we could hope or think. It is hard not to take knowing Him for granted but it is such a privilege to be called by His name, isn't it. Wow.
We booked out tickets last night and Vicki and were so EXCITED, to put it mildly. I feel like I could jump out of my skin. I never in a million years would have even dreamed such a thing. I am such a "home body". I guess home is whereever God says it is. I can hardly wait to meet some of the folks you've written about and to see you both and hug you.
Much love and affection,
Mom Sterrett
I have been refreshed with some more great news that everything is going okay. I love you and I'm still praying that everything will continue to run smoothly and that you will be blessed!
Thanks for the update. It is so good to hear that life in Korea is still going so well. I can't help but get excited for you with the things you are implementing in you classroom. It is an amazing thing to be living in God's dream for you. I have been taking pictures of Henry and Hannah. I hope to download and post them soon.
Love,
Rachel
Hi, It's heen a while here, too. Kevin and I were busy visiting our parents.. So we skipped our church several times..
I'm very proud of you!
You ate seaweed soup!!
Most of them I met were afraid of trying seaweed soup.
It looks, feels strange.
I have bad news, at the same time it is good news. I'll tell you tomorrow after service.
See you!
So good to see a new post and hear about life in South Korea! You are learning so much, being refined beyond your years, and I can hear it in your "voice." Your writing is very clear and very beautiful. I can read updates from you all day long!!!
And the things you are learning about education and working with children of all kinds is so exciting for me to read about.
We miss you more than we can say. Patty made me jealous by letting me know first thing this am that she chatted with you last night.
On this end, you should see Daniel walking. He's still in the drunken sailor stage. Very cute.
We love you and pray for you often, the the boys often wonder aloud how you are doing in Korea.
Joy
Hey Guys!
It is great to hear an update from you. I'm glad to hear that everything is working out well still. It is great to hear of the faithfulness of God on a continual basis. Love you both and think of you all the time. Be blessed!
Em
Man. I haven't read blogs in such a long time! It is good to hear from you again.
Post a Comment