Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back Home

Hello, everybody!
We usually write about things that happen in South Korea. We think that is probably the best way to go since we live here. This time, however, I would like to write about something that happened in Pittsburg, Kansas.
On Saturday, my mom moved to her new house. I've heard great reports about how well everything went. There were lots of friends and family of mine present to help. I would like to personally thank everyone that helped with the move. You have blessed my mom greatly and in doing so you have blessed me greatly. Thank you.

Here's something that happened in South Korea. Sarah and I met Soo in Seoul! It was so great to see her. She brought goodies that she picked out with Kimi's help. We really scored. (Chips Ahoy, Ritz bits, mac und cheese, deodorant, Keebler cookies, Whoppers, Reese's Pieces, gum). Seeing Soo was a hundred times better than the generous gift. We ate at Mr. Pizza and walked around Coex Mall. After the mall, we went to Soo's church for a Saturday night worship service. It was awesome. Soo asked what we thought. We said it was great. She asked if it was great even though we couldn't understand it. We told her that we understood that God was being worshipped. We know the Korean names for God and Jesus, but the Holy Spirit's presence and the people's hearts were evident. God is God of the universe. Language is a technicality. ~Micah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing Soo's smiling face. She is such a sweet heart. Although I didn't do much more than drive a truck back and forth, we had a great time helping your mom move. I have more pictures of Hannah. I will try to spend some time this afternoon downloading them. Please tell Sarah I said hello and I love her. I love you too Micah:)
Love,
Rachel

Kerri said...

Yesterday was a busy day for the church as several people moved or needed help painting or fixing the church roof. It's safe to say the first day of summer was spent doing work for others. It was incredible. I heard your mom was being moved and could not help but smile and think of you and Sarah. I miss you two. I feel closer to you too than....well I guess there's no "than." I just feel close to you two. Christmas's together have been wonderful.
Kerri

Scott said...

What? They don't sell deodorant in Korea?!?

Shelden said...

I never knew Soo went back to Korea! Thats great you have a familiar face.

Mom Sterrett said...

Thanks Micah. We had a great time Saturday moving your mom. Anything we do together is usually fun. I'm glad we could bless your mom. She's a great lady.

How wonderful to finally see Soo. We miss her here of course but we are glad she is able to visit you for a time. Please give her our love. That was really sweet of her to bring you goodies. She's definitely a keeper.

Much love to you both.
Mom Sterrett

Kimi D said...

yay for soo!!!! i'm so happy and jealous that you got to see her. i can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. enjoy your treats! kimi

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your mom got moved and everything went okay! It was so great to talk to you and Sarah on Skype! It was so great to hear your voices! It really made me just want ot hug you both! I miss you so much and i wish that I was Kimi getting to go and see you guys! I love you and miss you!