
We went to an amazing concert on Sunday evening. It was an orchestra called, Heart-Heart Wind Orchestra. It was made up almost exclusively of young adults with some sort of physical/mental challenge. I believe most of them had some form of autism. It was awesome. They played several songs with great proficiency. There was a soloist on most of the songs and they did really well. It was a very moving display of what can be accomplished with the right direction and hard work. The orchestra was formed about two years ago with no previous training. The group worked about three months to learn each song. I tried to get pictures but you really "had to be there". 
Now, it's Tuesday evening. We just got back from Outback Steakhouse. (my favorite). We had Aussie Cheese Fries and Alice Springs Chicken. Scrum-diddly-umptious!!!
Tomorrow is an office day for me. That means no English class, just grading and paperworking. I hope it rains so I can watch out the window. I hope it doesn't rain in Pittsburg for a while! My mom could use some dry weather for the big move. She is moving on Saturday from her house by the college to a house on Georgia. My bedroom from the time I was 12 will no longer be mine. (it's been painted pink with purple and white Barbie stencils for about the past 7 years for the grandbabies, so I guess I won't miss it that much). Oh, great! Now I miss the grandbabies! We are so thrilled for my mom to be able to move. I'm sure she has plenty of great ideas about how she wants to turn her new house into her home.
Speaking of moms, our moms are taking a trip together this Summer. They're coming to visit their favorite children (that are living in South Korea). We are stoked! It will be radical! Dude.
I had a chance to do some professional photography the other day. The Hong's found out that I am an actual photographer, so we went to their place for a photo shoot. Their kids are so cute! A fun time was had by all. This Thursday, I will be trying my hand at some sports photography. The U.S. Women's Soccer team will be playing at Suwon World Cup Stadium. It will pretty much kick hiney.

Now, it's Tuesday evening. We just got back from Outback Steakhouse. (my favorite). We had Aussie Cheese Fries and Alice Springs Chicken. Scrum-diddly-umptious!!!
Tomorrow is an office day for me. That means no English class, just grading and paperworking. I hope it rains so I can watch out the window. I hope it doesn't rain in Pittsburg for a while! My mom could use some dry weather for the big move. She is moving on Saturday from her house by the college to a house on Georgia. My bedroom from the time I was 12 will no longer be mine. (it's been painted pink with purple and white Barbie stencils for about the past 7 years for the grandbabies, so I guess I won't miss it that much). Oh, great! Now I miss the grandbabies! We are so thrilled for my mom to be able to move. I'm sure she has plenty of great ideas about how she wants to turn her new house into her home.
Speaking of moms, our moms are taking a trip together this Summer. They're coming to visit their favorite children (that are living in South Korea). We are stoked! It will be radical! Dude.
I had a chance to do some professional photography the other day. The Hong's found out that I am an actual photographer, so we went to their place for a photo shoot. Their kids are so cute! A fun time was had by all. This Thursday, I will be trying my hand at some sports photography. The U.S. Women's Soccer team will be playing at Suwon World Cup Stadium. It will pretty much kick hiney.



I have some thoughts that I've been thinking about. They are these:
If a straw bends, bend it! Life is too short to be drinking out of straight straws when you could have the joy of drinking from a straw that is bent.
When someone says I have an eye for photography I guess they mean my left eye 'cause I close my right eye when I take a picture.
If God opens a spicket from heaven, run under it with your face upturned and your mouth gaping.
"Open up the sky, fall down like rain. We don't want blessings, we want You. Open up the sky, fall down like fire. We don't want anything but You." ~Jonathan Stockstill and Deluge
We love you guys. ~ Micah Levi
8 comments:
That concert sounds like it was amazing. I would have loved to see it. Those pictures are ADORABLE!!! The last one really made me smile. She looks so surprised! Beautiful pics, and I love to hear your sense of humor in your writing. We love and miss you both...the Jamison's
I so wish that i was old enough to come to Korea and be there with you for a whole month! Hey, Michelle, doesn't that little girl at the end remind you of Izumi! I love you too Micah!
Hi Micah. It's good to hear your voice! I can hear both you and Sarah when you write. I hear exactly how you would say a thing. Let's just say, I pretty much smiled all through your post.
The concert sounds like it was cool.
I'm glad your moms are coming to visit. Sometimes, no matter how cool things are in a new place, you just need a little bit of home.
Give my love to Sarah. It was good to hear you.
Joy
Hello Micah.
I for one was stoked that you are stoked about the moms.
I LOVED the pictures; you really are gifted. Sometimes the poignancy of the pictures you take make me cry because they are so beautiful. Good thing your humor makes me laugh so much. Good balance. I would have also loved to have been there a the concert you described. I so look forward to the sights (especially you and Sarah) and sounds of South Korea, namely Suwon. It is amazing to see things through your eyes though. Miss and love you both much.
Mom Sterrett
Micah, I am glad you clarified "the favorite children in South Korea':) It is so good to hear from you. Your kick hiney comment was pretty darn funny. You will have to update us on the soccer game.
Love,
Rachel
GREAT thoughts Micah. I've taken few photos since you've been gone. The pressure is too great so I leave my camera at home more often than not.
The concert sounds like fun! Those kids you took pics of are so cute!
Micah~
Great blog, as usual. It has been FAR too long since i have visited your blog site, and I apologize.
The orchestra sounds awesome and I SO wish I could have been there. I am happy to hear that you got to do some professional photography. You are such an amazing photographer. I am sure the people of South Korea will be equally astounded at your gift. :) Well, I have some more reading to do to catch up! I love you.
Post a Comment