I realize that it is now Thursday, but I just had to write to let you all know how my Monday went. It was possibly the best Monday I've ever had! I even thought to myself "Wow, is this really a Monday?" As you all know, I was whining and crying on Friday about how hard it was to teach children who couldn't even understand me, and I was worrying about whether they were even learning anything...and so forth.
Well, it's amazing what can happen when you really "cast all your cares upon the Lord" because this past Monday was magnificent! The kids came in and were like a different set of students! They were responsive in class - even eagerly raising hands to ask questions and make comments, I could barely hold 'em back! They could understand me! We went on a big science nature walk later, and they were all eagerly coming up to me to show me what they had found, and all throughout the day students were excitedly coming up to me and talking to me! Even the shiest of students were asking questions and offering comments in class! I could barely believe my ears! This whole week has been going really well - an amazing turn of events! Thank you all so much for your prayers - God is really answering them! Love, Sarah
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What can I say but, "Wow! God continues to be amazing!" Thanks for inspiring us to not get discouraged, but to reach out to Him. Love you!
God can do some amazing things in peoples lives. The rest of my week was great,but I am sick today. I hope we both have a great rest of the week. And not that I'm selfish or anything but I really hope I can go to school tomorrow. Lots of love,
-Shelden
Sarah,
God is good! It is so good to hear all that is going on with you. Please don't feel like you are whining when you are sharing struggles. It helps us know where you are, and how to pray for you. And then, we can rejoice when we see God answer prayers, and we get to see the miracle of it all. I struggle as a teacher too some days, and I have kids who have spoken my language since they could talk. But I also have those wonder days when you know they are getting it. Nothing is like that feeling. I am so excited for you!!! I miss you guys so much, and thought I saw your truck at Starbucks yesterday and for a moment, it made sense to me, and then it was . . . "oh yeah, that can't be their truck." Bummer for me. Know that you are missed and loved. We think of you all the time. Give Micah our love too (I just typed his name "Mocah" before I fixed it. Tell him that's his new Noga nickname!! Ha)
Joy
I wish that I could have such a wonderful Monday!!! We were looking at old pictures of the school. I saw so many pictures of you! It made me realize how much I miss you!!!!! I love you!!! Hey Micah! I love you too!!
whoa God is truly and really magnificent!: ) (do you like my smiley face i invented?) I wish had more monday's like your's. I am still praying for you guys.
Love Ya!!!
Hello Again,
It was wonderful to read about your Monday after hearing about it the other evening.
Em called today to let me know she had both seen and talked to you this morning. She was very excited. When she speaks about crying I know just what she means. How can you be so close but yet so far? I miss you like crazy but love to hear all the things God is doing. It is really encouraging and makes anything I face seem so small in comparison.
I love and miss you both very much.
Mom Sterrett
That's just too cool.
Post a Comment