I love spring cleaning. Actually, I like spring cleaning and I love the feeling of having a freshly cleaned house. I reorganized a couple of cabinets, I'm in the middle of doing laundry, I swept the floors, I got rid of some food products that seem to have accumulated...I've been cleaning for three hours straight since I got home from work and Sarah isn't even home yet! She went to dinner with her mini school. They're having duck so I said I would rather stay home and do housework. I'm usually a tag-along if I go with her school anyway and duck is not my cup of meat. I believe I will have a bowl of cereal. I thoroughly enjoy cold cereal. This time I shall have Ko Ko Ball. (it's similar to Cocoa Puffs).
This weekend is the start of a sort of spring break for us. On Saturday, we are going to Seoul with John, Amy, and Eden Turner. They are our friends from Texas. We are going to visit Olympic Park. The sight of the 1988 Olympics. Sunday, we will be leaving on a three-day retreat with the entire church. There are over 300 families registered for the retreat, over 1000 people. We don't know where we are going. (I feel like there is a metaphor somewhere in that statement). All I can gather is that it is about an hour away and that it is a famous retreat area. We will have services and meals and general fellowship for three days. Tuesday, we head back home. We have Wednesday off to rest up from our retreat.
By the way, just as a friendly reminder, I have uploaded quite a few new pictures onto flickr recently. Check them out if you so desire.
7 comments:
Beautiful picture of the flowers.
We are going on a retreat this weekend, too. Just teachers, though.
"Cup of meat" - that is disgusting...and it reminds me that "everytime you go away, you take a piece of meat with you."
love you guys - have fun on your retreat.
I love spring cleaning too. I'm really starting to feel it since the weather was so warm last week, but no time to start yet. I love the green grass, the beautiful flowers, the flowering trees, and everything that is seeming to come alive again. Your retreat sounds like a great time. We are really excited about ours too. I don't really think that duck would be my cup of meat either, but I do like to watch them at the park. Have a wonderful week, give Sarah lovins for me. Miss you guys and love ya like crazy, Sandy
Mom and I are just sitting here and thought that we would leave a comment together. Right now I am a jobless, dogless chick...lol. I can't wait to see you guys! Mom said that Sarah was worried that I wasn't coming..."Sarah, you're a crazy lady if you think I'm not coming!" Sounds as if you two are doing well. Mom and I were just looking at your pictures again:) there are some funny ones...well, we both love you and look forward to talking with you soon! As always, let us know if you need anything.
Micah loved the flowers! I also love to spring clean...did that a couple of weeks ago and it did feel great! (this is mom's comment)Amy doesn't spring clean and she doesn't love it.
Love you both heaps and gobs...hope and pray your retreat and travel this weekend is refreshing and restful as much as possible.
I like spring cleaning. I remember we were cleaning this one spring one time... I thought, "man, this water is really crisp and refreshing... why in the world are we cleaning this spring? We should go clean a dirty old pond or something that really needs to be cleaned."
Awesome pics
Thanks for the updates on the blog and Flicker. Now that you've finished your own spring cleaning, wanna help with ours? :-)
Love,
Andrea
Yeah, I don't like duck either. Reminds me of "A Christmas Story" at the end when they go out for Chinese and the waiter cuts off the duck's head in front of them. :)
Hope you had a wonderful retreat. We did. :)
We, too, did Spring Cleaning around our home. We threw out a LOT of stuff.
Love you both! BTW, my security word is bickini. haha
Post a Comment