
This is a picture of the store in which I purchased my new camera! (taken with our little Canon G9). It is a brand new Canon store in an area in Seoul known as Apgujeong. I am very excited about the capabilities of this camera! It can shoot very well in low-light conditions and it has a 21.1 megapixel, full-frame sensor. I picked it up on Wednesday and I've only shot 5 images with it so far. (all of Sarah). She is the only subject I've deemed worthy. I'm hoping to do some family shots of our friends here. I'd also like to go to a soccer match and get some action shots. I have lots of ideas and a little over 9 months to do them. I can't wait to get back for the wedding in October. I'll be all practiced up and ready to go! I also got a new lens. It is amazing. It has a maximum aperture of f2.8, which means it can open its eye really wide. That, in turn, makes images look better and it helps shoot in low light. When you add in the Image Stabilization, the camera and lens combination is remarkable. It seems like the only thing that could mess up the images is the person holding the camera. No Pressure. *Gulp*
This is Sarah with just a lamp in an otherwise dark room with no flash.

15 comments:
So excited to see what that little camera can do.
I'm envious. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. Use your camera well, and make sure to post them up on flickr for all to see.
Congratulations on you new camera! When you get back we will have to hire you to update our family pictures to include Anthony. How is Sarah feeling?
Love you guys,
Rachel
I'm with Scott on this one. I am jealous. I am mad at myself for not knowing how to use the camera I've had for over a year now. I think I am waiting on pointers from Micah...
Amazing photo of beautiful Sarah!
Kerri
_______
My word: distile, like hostile? I am so distile right now I can't take it anymore!
hope that you post a lot of pictures now!
Utterly and completely envious as well! Awesome. Just when I was getting OUT of debt. haha.
Oh em gee. 21.1 MP. I just fainted. For real.
you should take a picture of your really cool camera with your really cool camera... that would be cool.
That's pretty amazing stuff! Love the pic! Miss you guys.
Loved the pics and the explanation of what your camera can do, etc...I'm not so smart when it comes to stuff like that so it helps to have it explained. I am very excited for you!
It was great talking to you and hearing about your church retreat a week or so ago...glad you are feeling better also, Sar. I love and miss you both heaps and gobs!
That is a cool camera! I love you guys and miss you guys. Have fun with new camera.
Love, MOLLY!
Wicked cool camera! I love it. I miss you guys so so so much. I love you guys. I wish i could hug you.
- Molly
Hi sarah and micah! i'm excited for you about your camera! i wasn't going to post a comment, because i'm not good at that, but then i was reading the comments posted, because i'm nosy like that, and read molly's "i wish i could hug you right now" comment and almost started crying! I love and miss you guys terribly!
So, I'm excited about the low light abilities of this camera. That is often my frustration with wedding photos. especially reception shots. that's great!
Ok, so what camera is it? I assume it's Canon since that's the store you bought it in....I recently got a Canon 40D and love it!
the picture of the store where you got your camera looks like the inside of a cereal straw.
Post a Comment