Thursday, May 14, 2009

Test Shots

What up y'all!? Not much in the way of updates here. I have been using every opportunity to test out my new baby. (speaking of babies, Sarah's special needs student accused me of having one in my stomach because I was sticking it out the other day. It was funny and cute). Anyway, I don't like it when people call objects their babies, but I also hold others to a different standard than I hold myself. I've been working with the camera in low light situations with no flash and my new lens. The results have been so exciting for me. In the past, I have been frustrated at times, in part because of a lack of technological advancement. Basically, most cameras don't do very well in low light. The basic idea of photography is for the camera to capture light. When there is not much light, the camera can have a hard time reproducing the image. (Forgive me for the photography lesson, but I'm just so excited). I am going to post a few images that I have taken in the past couple of days. I'll also post one at the request of Sarah that was taken with our "just for fun" camera, which is also a pretty great camera. This picture is from the church retreat that we went on a while back. I hope to do some family shots of the twins and their parents. They are an awesome family, as are the other two kids and their parents. Enjoy the images and give me some feedback as long as it's good. The picture of the trombone player might not be that impressive, but I took it from the very back of the sanctuary and cropped it way down and it's still a crisp, high resolution image.
Thanks,
Micah

6 comments:

Kerri said...

This kills me: "...but I also hold others to a different standard than I hold myself" That trombone player came out very clear. You must be psyched Micah...and Sarah! Can't wait to see what this badboy can do at the Kreighbaum/Sperry wedding!

Scott said...

That's called a double standard, and most everyone has them to some degree. At least Micah admits it! Nice photos. I assume all were taken without flash. I love the natural lighting, really captures the moment. You're making me even more envious.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, and I am not even a photographer!

Michelle said...

That is way cool, you have a great eye for photography, and I'm glad you explained about the trombone player, or I would have thought, "Hm...ok." :) That is a great shot!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! I bet you won't let anyone borrow your "baby". I tried to get Kimi to let me take her "baby" on the cruise with me but she refused. Can you believe that? Speaking of cruise, awesome opportunity for a talented guy like you and your assistant, become a cruise photographer. Enjoy the sites while you work. Miss you guys.

donCarona said...

I like the woman in the red skirt--- ; )

the kids are really cute--you do do good work, Bud-a!!!