Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow in Winter


The weather on the peninsula has been beautiful. That's why we were so surprised when we opened the front door this morning and looked out upon a snow shower. The snow itself was heavy with the desire to be Spring rain but it could not quite change what it was. Only the Earth could turn it back to its liquid form. The long, soft needles of the Korean pines held it from its muddy fate, if only for a while. By midday, the dark shade of the pavement and a few shallow puddles were the only evidence that the skies had opened at all. That, and this picture.

12 comments:

Patti said...

That was a beautifully written paragraph.

Joy said...

Gorgeous! Both the writing and the pic! I am up and running with a new computer and internet, so I will be able to keep up again, for which I am thankful. I missed seeing what was happening with you guys so much!!Thank you for continuing to share your journey. It is a beautiful one. It is your life! Know that you have been in my thoughts lots lately. I'm looking into getting a copy of the book you recommended. Love you and I am praying for you as you continue in your faithfulness.
Joy

Anonymous said...

It sounds so gorgeous there! Greatly written!

Michelle said...

Beautifully written! Seems like I just read it straight out of a book! Was this Micah or Sarah?

Micah & Sarah said...

How dare you?

Anonymous said...

I don't care what YOU say, "Snow" is a Canadian rapper. This substance of which you speak that falls from the sky -- science fiction.

Sandy Vinardi said...

WOW, did you come up with that yourself? We had beautiful snow on Saturday morning when I woke up but I know that I could not have described it as well. Last Wedenesday was HOT and today and the rest of the week is supposed to be very warm. Nature must be so confused, I know the grass wants to turn green and the trees want to bud, but I don't know if they should yet! Hope you enjoyed the beauty of the snow as much as I did. Love you sooooooooooo much, Sandy

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Your comments were beautiful. Henry, Hannah, and I also enjoyed a beautiful day, however, it was a wonderful spring day:)
Love,
Rachel

Scott said...

Everyone already took the simple superlatives to describe your writing and picture. Great stuff. The expression and exposition of "Snow in Winter" is very poetic, and the picture is, as usual, incredible. Thanks for letting us share in your life.

bailey lotterer said...

sounds and looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!





I miss and love you both!!!!!!

Mom Sterrett said...

Loved this whole blog, picture and lovely comments. You are soooooooo good at that!
XXXOOO
Mom

P.S. Miss you both much, can't write much as I'm heading out the door again...

Patti said...

not that i don't just love see that picture every time i get on here....but i think i speak for the group when i say, "it's time for something new".

love you lots