Whichever applies :) Morning for us, evening for Pittsburgians. It has been encouraging to read all of the comments and to see all of the traffic that's been through our blog! Our first week back went well, even though Micah was sick. This week we're both healthy and excited for what God is doing.
This morning as I read Acts 1, an interesting thought occurred to me. In verse 6 we find that the disciples are still asking Jesus if now was the time that He was going to free Israel and restore their kingdom - and yet, Jesus still went ahead and ascended into heaven! Even though the disciples still didn't quite get it, He knew it would all work out, that the Holy Spirit would come, and everything would be fine. How often are we willing to just trust people like that? Or at least, trust that God is more than capable of bringing people into a better understanding of what His purposes are, all the while, still entrusting them with responsibility? I know we have to be careful, but sometimes I think I'm a little too stingy with my trust. I wish I had time to write more and make this a more complete thought, but I have to get to work now. Hope this makes sense - in my head, it does! Love you all! ~Sarah
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hello, Sarah. I just finished up reading in Acts myself and your "ramblings" make perfect sense to me. My entire life I've struggled with being too stingy with my trust. And, although God is sovereign, I've pondered how do I trust Him when so many people have let me down? It's difficult and I still struggle with it.
Miss you.
From your head to ours... good thoughts!!!
Sarah, this is so good and right. There have been so many times in my life that I have tried to do the work in people's lives that only the Holy Spirit can do. We must learn to trust in His perfect timing in the those that we love and pray for. I do love watching Him work in all of our lives, it is soooo good and wonderful, even when it doesn't always feel great! Love ya and miss ya lots.
Sarah,
I love to hear what God speaks to you. It is very thought provoking. I am very glad to read that you and Micah are healthy. I believe we are all healthy also. I hope we stay this way for a long time.
Love,
Rachel
P.S. Hannah prays for you and Micah every night.
This is a very good thought. Trust is essential to building the church. we must learn to trust not only people but God that He will be faithful to work in their lives to accomplish His purposes. There's a lot in what you have here. Good...miss you guys
Isn't that great that God always knows what He's doing, and that we don't have to worry!
I am so glad to hear that you are healthy!
Thank you Sarah, I love to hear your insight. It was great talking to you both just now. This is the first time this week I've gotten on the computer.
Love you both heaps and gobs!
XXOO
Post a Comment