Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How He Loves

I'm listening to How He Loves by Kim Walker. It's a powerful song, message and sound. I've also been reading a book that deals with encountering God in a very real way. It speaks of the love of God and how He loves us. I would like to give you a few quotes from the song and the book, if I may. They are these:

So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
and my heart turns violently inside of my chest.
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
when I think about the way He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us.

How He Loves - Kim Walker


"He chooses.
He pursues.
He rescues.
He woos.
He protects.
He lavishes."

Black - Ted Dekker

I believe God wants a deeper relationship with His people. I know He has been drawing us closer throughout this entire experience. I was reading One Chronicles this morning and something David prayed really resonated with me. In chapter 17, David finds out that one of his sons will build a house for God and David prays: "Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family that you have brought me this far?" He also says, "You know what I am really like." The Message Remix says, "...even though you know me, just as I am?" When I think about where I am, (on the Earth and in my life), I have the same thoughts. I think of the way He pursues and rescues. I think of how He protects Me and lavishes His love on Me even though He knows me just as I am. And I sink again into His mercy and grace.

Love to all~Micah

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim Walker does a great job with portraying how God loves us. THis is a wonderful song!

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome how God can speak to people about the same thing He is speaking to you, but just a little different.
God has been showing me His love through His discipline. I am glad for it because of the fact that God disciplines those he loves. If he didn't discipline me I would be a little worried.
Anyways what you said was good and I hope all is well with you? Miss you guys and Amber and I pray for you.
Love, your cousin
Joseph

Anonymous said...

Micah,
After reading you blog, I immediately ordered the CD you were talking about. I also ordered the CD with the song about He won't relent until He has it all. Like you and Joseph, God has been speaking the same thing to Ryan and I. I am remembering the last part of James 2:13 that says "mercy triumphs over judgement". I am so encouraged that when I turn away from sin that God in His infinete mercy forgives and cleans.
Love,
Rachel

P.S. At the time I am writing this, it is Valentines Day in Suwon. So from my family to you and Sarah, Happy Valentines Day!

Kimi D said...

i love how you used the excerpt from the book. it sounds like you are enjoying it!

have a great weekend!!!!
kimi

Steve Haden said...

That song is amazing! Love you guys!!

Patti said...

Mic, that verse in 1 Chronicles gets me every time because I am still amazed how far God has taken me and my family.

Hi, Sarah.

Miss you both.

Michelle said...

Yup. What else can I say? His love is something we'll never get our minds truly to understand the depth. Love you both!

Mom Sterrett said...

I am sitting here with Hannah. I told her I was getting ready to check my email. She said "Tell Uncle Micah hi!" Do you know you are loved much?

Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement. God really is amazing.
Much love,
Mom

Crystal said...

I am listening to Kim Walker right now. This is an amazing song. We sang the song that you and Sarah taught us when you were here on Sunday and it was great. We miss you both, just glad we had some time with you over the holiday. I am at the church and Rachel just showed up, so Bailey is holding Anthony and Ben and Bethany are playing with Hannah.
Thanks for being such an encouragement!!! Love you both, Crystal

Lisa said...

That is a wonderful song. Do you know the story behind it? You really should look it up, it will break your heart.

I really do missed you both.
Take care.
By the way this is my first ever posting on any web thing.

Joe said...

Ok, now this is 11 comments on one post... time to step it up a little! Great songs... it was a wonderful experience sharing music around our dinner table when you were here and look forward to much more of the same when you return... We love and miss you both.

Anonymous said...

"Open up the Sky" is burned into my brain.

Good thing I Love it.



I hear Dunder Miflin is hiring. I may look into that because this cell phone gig is for dorks.

Kerri said...

That songs moves me and gives me the chills. VERY powerful song. God Moves in Mysterious Ways by Jeremy Riddle has some lyrics that will blow your socks off as well.