BBQ Chicken is the name of a fast food chicken joint in Korea. It's not necessarily barbeque chicken, though. They do have some barbeque-type chicken, but most of it is more like a KFC feel. They only use olive oil for frying and their stuff is delicious! (and supposedly more healthy). We had our Vineyard leaders drop us off at BBQ Chicken yesterday after church. We got plenty to have some for dinner Monday also. Sarah is going to make cous cous to go with our chicken. She's also making Devil's Food pudding that my mom sent us. Can you tell that I'm hungry?
I had a really great day today. All of the concerns that I have had about the coming school year were addressed and resolved. Basically, without really trying, I got my way. I usually like to get my way, but I don't always press to get my way. I'll just not say anything until later and then pout. This time, I shared my worries in the form of a prayer request with our vineyard group. Today, everything worked out just fine. God shows us over and over that He does care about the deets. You know, the sparrow and all that.
I also had the great pleasure of photographing Sarah's class in their traditional Hanbok. Some of the kids were threatening to jab me in the keester, but luckily, they did not succeed. Thank you for your continued interest and connection to our lives and for your prayers.
Love,
Micah
12 comments:
micah, what a great blog. i love hearing this kind of stuff.
What? No Micah pouty-face? Isn't it nice to see that we're all growing up?
Seriously, I'm glad we're starting to fully grasp the "ask and it shall be given unto you" principle. It really does work.
Now I want some chicken.
Why are only some in traditional dress?
you have no idea how happy i am to see this picture! they all look so grown up!
hope you guys are doing fantastic!!!
Yummy! That sounds good. Maybe I will go get me some KFC:) It is great to hear that you are doing well. Hannah says "hi Micah". She also asks where you and Sarah are everytime we drive by your mom's house. The kid has a memory like an elephant!
These are great comments, guys! Scott, some of my students forgot their traditional clothes, and some do not own any. Rachel, please tell Hannah we say hello. Love, Sarah
God loves BBQ chicken!
The kids looks so cute, I can see why you love them so much. Isn't God so good to always be working behind our backs to our benefit? I am learning that He is very interested in our heart's desire as long as it is for our good. WOW, what a wonderful Father! Miss you lots! Love, Sandy
All of that food sounds good!!!!
LOVE the pic! Sarah gets lost in it being in the back, though.
Thank you for the picture...lovely to see the children...Sarah you are lovely too.
Have you ever tried to type with a busy two year old in your lap...she gave up on grandma and is now in her own little word...so cute.
I love that God answers prayers, some time before they are even uttered. He is so good.
Glad things are going well.
Much love.
Mom
now i am starving:)
Post a Comment