This is the last post that we will be writing to America. We are considering blogging to our friends in Korea after we get home.
I feel like Samwise Gamgee. I've come to the end of a grand adventure with my best friend and now I'm torn in two. I'm returning to the Shire, but I'm not the same Hobbit I was when I left. (and thank God for that).
I went to Sarah's going away party today. Many tears were shed. Students, their mothers, and Sarah's co-teacher were all saddened by the fact that we are leaving. Sarah put on a brave face and assured them that we were trying to obey God by returning home like Noah obeyed God by building the Ark. That last sentence was true except the brave face part. She bawled like...well, like she had spent two years with some of the cutest, sweetest, most loving students that anyone could ever ask for. The scene reminded me of more LOTR: "I will not say 'Do not weep', for not all tears are an evil." J.R.R. Tolkien
Next time you see Sarah, ask her about the 56 kids she's carrying around in her heart. My wife is so amazing. I sincerely wish that all of you could have seen her with her class. God has given me such a wonderful wife. I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I am of her. She loves like few that I've ever met. She has such a gift and a grace. I aspire to someday take photographs as well as she teaches and loves her students.
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the tears. Leaving hurts. You'd think we might have gotten used to it after leaving everyone we knew and loved in Kansas. Now, though, Kansas isn't the only place that holds people we know and love. I thank God for increasing our family, our hearts, our understanding.
Our plane leaves here at 11:40 a.m. Friday.(which is 8:40 p.m. Thursday for Kansas). It lands at around 9:30 a.m. in Chicago then we connect at around 1:00 and land in Kansas City at 2:35 p.m. Friday. Please, pray for our health and safety on our long trip home to you. We cannot wait to see you.
Love,
Micah & Sarah
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
And the tears have already started for me here... You have been very sorely missed here. I am beyond excited to see you guys. I will have to be sure to wear water-proof mascara. :)
Em
P.S. Word verification: hymnyopp?
sad that you are leaving Korea, but exciting that you are coming home! I can't wait to see you guys!!!!
Sarah and Micah, just in case you read this, could you start blogging again? I miss reading your blogs and I think it would be great for your Korean family to be able to read about how you are doing periodically? Love you.
Thanks, Mom...
we want to continue to blog as well, but we're going to try to get everything that we have printed into a bound book first...now that we know people are still reading, we'll have to get a move on! :D
Yep, I'm still waiting and re-reading your blog....here's hoping.
love you
Post a Comment