Sunday, February 7, 2010

Last Sunday and Last Sunday





































Last Sunday was amazing. Sarah led worship and I played drums. It really seemed as if God was working on people. It was such a great day. You can watch it if you have some free time. Just click on this: http://wonchon.org/broadcast/blue_broadcast_file.html?num=1457 and it should play.





Today was our last Sunday in Korea. We had another wonderful day. After our church service we went to dinner with our Vineyard group. We went to a restaurant that Sarah and I had discovered a few weeks ago. It was really good and it was so much fun to spend time with everyone for one last evening. After dinner, we went to our Vineyard leader's house and had coffee, tea, and cake. (It was a delicious blueberry cake from Paris Baguette)! First, we worshipped for a while and suddenly two large gifts were placed before us. They were beautiful matching hanbok or traditional Korean attire. Everyone had chipped in and Kate picked them out for us. They were the one thing that we had always wished we could get but never did. As you can see in the pictures, they made us try them on right then and there. It was great. Emotions ran high and close to the surface, at times spilling over. Sarah asked how to clean the hanbok and Kate said dry clean. "Go to A+ Cleaners, tell them Kate says, Hi!" The lady that owns A+ is Korean and they know each other! You must see the clothes in person. The pictures don't even come close to doing them justice.





We also found out that Kevin and Kate want to drive us to the airport on Friday. Otherwise, we would have to take a bus for an hour and a half. It's going to be a great way to say goodbye for now. I hope we can convey to you how much we have been blessed by the people here. And I hope that we have been able to let them know as well.

6 comments:

Em said...

The pictures are great! You look awesome in those outfits. That was really sweet of them to all do that for you. I don't even know why, but this blog and the pictures made me cry. I am so happy that you are coming home, but seeing the pictures of you guys there fits too somehow. I love you both very much and can hardly wait to get my arms around you.
Em

Mom Sterrett said...

I cried as I read and gazed too. My heart was pretty full just seeing how loved you are. Such bittersweetness. I'm happy and sad all at once. It was so amazing for Dad and I to watch the worship service you were involved with and to others reading this, please go and watch. You will see where Micah and Sarah have been for the last two years and see the people whom they love and are loved in return. God truly is amazing and I do not say that lightly. He gives more than we could ask or dream. I loved the pictures Micah. Wish you could bring them all home with you. I look so forward to seeing you soon and getting my arms around you also.

Scott said...

I'm sad. The link would not play for me. But we want to hear all about it when you get back.

Joy said...

You look amazing in your attire! Looking at the pictures made me cry, and though I am so excited to have you coming home to us, I know there is a part of your heart that will stay there. It is wonderfully painful, to love a people and a place like that. Looking forward to seeing you!!

Shelden said...

it is so sweet of them to buy you those clothes! When is the date of when you are coming back? See you in a few days!

Sarah said...

We come back on the 12th of February, Shelden. Thank you all for your comments, I've cried pretty much everyday this week as we've been saying bye to people - it really is so heart-wrenching. And yet, we're also ecstatic to be returning to Pittsburg! Ya, we're pretty much on an emotional roller coaster right now!