Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home Is Where You Hang Your Hat

We've made it safely to our second home. Last year, I was afraid to call Suwon home, but God has made it like another home to us. We may have less family here physically, but it is still better to come back to a place that feels like home. Otherwise, it could begin to feel like a prison and I don't believe God wants us to feel like prisoners. I'm writing just a couple of hours after landing, so I hope I make sense. Don't despise the place in which God has you. You'll miss so many opportunities if you do. Like Trudy Kim says, "Bloom where you're planted."
Thank you God for making our trip home such a wonderful experience. Thank you everyone for welcoming us home with such love and enthusiasm. We love you all and miss you already.

~Micah & Sarah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is crazy how fast your trip here went by! I already miss you too. I hope that you had a good trip! Love you!

Steve Haden said...

Miss you guys already! We had an awesome time when you came for dinner, or supper, or whatever that meal was... The picture has gone un-noticed so far, we'll see!

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

Glad you guys made it back safely. Be sure to kiss Kevin and Kate's little girl for me since it doesn't look like I'll get to do that myself anytime soon.
It was so wonderful to get to squeeze you in person. Happy end of semester.

Love,
Andrea

Sandy Vinardi said...

This is so good! To be content is so awesome. Sometimes I get really excited about the what God has for my future, but I do need to be completly content now. Thank you for that reminder, I know there are many lessons to learn in everything if we just keep our ears open to the voice of the Holy Spirit. Keep up the good work. Love you soooo much!

Mom Sterrett said...

It was so wonderful to see you both. I agree with Andrea that it was WONDERFUL squeeze you in person...miss you much but look forward to what we see in the next year...that makes life so exciting, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

It seemed strange that although you were gone for a year (almost) when I saw you that 1st Sunday , it just seemed normal. It was like seeing all the familiar faces we expect to see when we meet on Sunday. Although you are not with us physically, you are so much a part of us that I expect to see you. Yes, I am crazy. I will say that, after hearing Micah's humor & Sarah's worship, the realization of your physical absence brought home just how much you are both missed.
Jesus, heal Micah quickly! and keep the homesickness and longing for them stateside at bay.
Love you guys,
Rana

Nicole said...

It was so good to see you guys when you were here!!! In a way, though, it feels like you never left. I was definitely reminded how much I miss seeing you around while you were here, though. It's so exciting to see what God is doing in you and through you in Korea!