Saturday was an interesting day. Sarah had to work and I did not. Normally, we decide everything together. We're in a foreign land that has become only slightly less foreign to us over the past 9 months. Sarah is my best and closest friend and I am hers. Our relationship has grown stronger since we moved halfway across the world. We have to rely so much on God and one another that all of those relationships have grown deeper and stronger.
My point is this: I had no clue what to do all on my lonesome on Saturday! If you don't want to know what I decided to do then just stop reading right now. All you other brave souls, read on!
First things first, I slept in. This gave me a chance to reset my internal clock and build up the energy necessary to do whatever I may do when I woke up. I was ready to embark on my adventure at around 12 noon. The skype rang as I was about to leave so I spoke with Emily, Josiah and Donovan. Then I went down to the new building to check on Sarah. Sarah was fine and I had the whole day before me.
I boarded a bus knowing not whither it went. Actually, I did know whither it was going, it was going to Suwon Station. Suwon Station is a huge train station with an equally huge shopping area. I made a beeline for the book store. They have an English section and I love to read. They did not have the book I wanted so I had no idea what to do next. I went to Burger King and had a Whopper Jr. meal with fries and a cider. I felt like a king. My Whopper Jr. was flame-broiled to perfection. I was an hour and a half into my grand adventure and I was already out of ideas.
I started walking. I walked like Forrest Gump ran. I didn't stop walking until I was at our apartment at the top of the hill. If you've never been to Suwon Station, you may not know that it is not at all close to our school. I didn't set out to walk all the way home, it just kinda happened. It is the farthest I've ever walked in my entire life! It gave me such a huge sense of accomplishment. It also gave me a huge sense of having extremely tired legs. I took pictures the whole way home. It was fun and cathartic. I'm pretty sure I know what that word means, too. Be sure to check Flickr for some of the shots from my walk.
Love to all, see you in six weeks!
~Micah
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hope that you had a good walk!!!! I am so exited to see you in 6 weeks. I have already been dreaming about it!(Isn't that crazy) I cannot wait 'till I can give you a huge hug!!! Love you guys sooooooooooooooooo much and miss you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much too! (hahaha)
Hey Micah!
It was WONDERFUL finally catching you on Skype after many attempts and failings. I'm glad you had a good time with your outing. That sounds like a VERY long walk home, but I'm sure it was quite invigorating. I LOVE your pictures. We are super excited to have you both home again. Love you and miss you more than I can say,
Em
micah, i am truly impressed. that is a kind of long bus ride. that sounds like a lot of fun. you and sarah should take that trip together one day.
i can't wait to see you!!!!
kimi
did your legs fall off when you hit the door?
sorry i missed your call the other night...it was prayer. hearing your voice almost made me cry - it'd been that kind of day.
also...sorry about that cryptic email :) - i promise i'll fill you in on the details.
give sarah a hug for me.
word verification: huckles - that is almost chuckles...and that is funny
love ya
What a fun update! Be sure to post another update when Sarah gets her birthday box. It'll be almost as much fun as the boxes full of surprises that we used to get from Grandma!
Love,
Ang
Post a Comment