Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Secret of the Old Clock

The Hidden Staircase. Two Nancy Drew books were included in the birthday box that I received this week. Although I loved opening all of the wonderful surprises included in my birthday box, this one brought a giggle (yes, giggle) of delight from my lips. NANCY DREW! I used to love reading Nancy Drew books when I was a kid. I used to love opening the first few pages knowing that another dramatic and mysterious adventure awaited my discovery. I love being known so well - thanks, Ang. I also love that I received three of the exact same shirt in three different colors - I know this concept will make perfect sense to probably any girl reading this, and if not, it definitely makes sense to a Sterrett girl:) Thanks, Rach. And, I would just like to add, that I have already worn all three of those shirts! They add the perfect amount of pizazz to any outfit! They go especially great under the cozy sweater that Mom and Dad gave me (along with the shoes that I have also already been wearing! So cute! Thanks, Mom and Dad!). I guess all that's left is for me to start enjoying the intrigue awaiting me in my new books! And who ever would have possibly guessed that it could all begin in a secret held by an old clock?! Yes, I know, I know, this is why I must begin reading!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might be a little bit late(or too early), But, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I love you and I hope you enjoy your gifts.

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

Yay! We made you smile! I so hoped we would! I hope you have a birthday filled with smiles.

Heaps and gobs,
Ang

Unknown said...

I am terrible about buying a shirt in multiple colors :) The Nancy Drew book made me laugh. Audrey got one for her birthday. Bekah had a book party for her. I read the first few pages out loud and we decided to read it to each other, too funny. Nice to see we are in sync even from so many miles away. I hope you had a great birthday.

Love,
Amy

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello from Emily's!
Amy and I are here visiting and since I cannot check my email at home (my computer is down right now) then I decided to check it here. I'm so glad you liked your gifts and that they made you smile! I can't wait to see you both in just a little while.
Donovan has grown so much it made me feel like crying...he is adorable! Em and Josiah are kinda cute too...love you both heaps and gobs!
XXOO
Mom

Michelle said...

Aww, I loved reading Nancy Drew, too! And, I loved reading this post. Love you, Sarah!