Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Glory of God




Kevin and Kate have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl! Thursday afternoon at 4:30, Hayoung was born. Her name means, "Glory of God". I love that name. It really reminds me of how God's glory is so evident when a baby is born. We visited the lovely family at a postpartum clinic today. They said the labor pains lasted two days! Apparently she wasn't dropping the way she was supposed to. She weighed under 4 kilograms. That's around 6 lbs. She is very cute and sweet. Kevin and Kate are both staying at the clinic for two weeks. It's a very nice place. They said the food is really good. We only got to see the baby for about seven minutes before a nazi, I mean nurse, came and took her away. She put her behind the glass where we couldn't breathe on her anymore. Hayoung is the cutest, most beautiful baby in Korea and probably the world. Don't take my word for it, check out the pics.
~Proud "Uncle" Micah



6 comments:

Scott said...

I love babies. And you're right this one is quite possibly the cutest in Korea. Pass along our congratulations to Kevin and Kate!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS, Kevin and Kate!!!!!!!! She is so adorable. I hope that she will bring the glory of God in your household!

Andrea in Pittsburg said...

She's so beautiful! And that's not very nice to hide her behind glass. I bet she was sad too. Tell Kevin and Kate that we said "Congrats"!

Love,
Andrea

Patti said...

She is such a beautiful baby!
Two weeks at the clinic...is Nurse Ratchett going to continue to steal her back from people that entire time?

Michelle said...

Aww, what a BEAUTIFUL little girl! Tell Kevin and Kate Congratulations from us!

Mom Sterrett said...

Thank you so MUCH for the pictures! She is beautiful! Please give Kevin and Kate our love and congratulations...and kisses for their sweet little one.