Swine flu. Yes, it has finally become much more real to us. We've been hearing of nearby schools that have had to close down because of it, and then this afternoon we received our own little announcement that our school must close down. I'm not sure what the protocol is in schools Stateside, but here if there is even one case of it, the whole school must close down for a week. We have our 1st reported case of it. Luckily it's just the one case, and hopefully it will be the last. We are fortunately able to do internet classes, so us closing down won't affect our vacation time (as was first thought), and other than not meeting in the classroom, the school schedule will pretty much continue on as usual. We just stocked up on groceries and are planning to lay low for the next week.
On a positive note, something miraculous has happened to me (literally:) When I was 17 I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. As the years have progressed it has begun to bother me more and more. One morning a couple months ago I woke up with severe chest pains (from all the acid coming up) and had to see the doctor. He gave me a stronger prescription and sent me on my way. I've been trying to keep the prescription filled and avoid spicy and acidic food. Two weeks ago I found out that a father of one of my students is a specialist for this kind of thing. I went to see him and he told me that he wanted to do an endoscopy to see what was going on. The appointment was set for a Saturday morning (this past one). On Tuesdays, my school has morning devotion time. During this last week's devotions, all of my co-workers prayed for me, and my stomach felt much better the rest of the week. I went to the hospital on Saturday for the endoscopy. When I awoke from the procedure I was told that the doctor found NO traces of the hernia and that there was no damage to my esophagus or my stomach! All I could do was smile and say, "What!?!" I can still hardly believe it! I've been living pain-free for about a week now, and I see no reason why I won't continue:) I don't know what they prayed that Tuesday (since it was all in Korean), but whatever it was, God heard and He answered. I am so thankful!
I'm not really sure how to close a post like this, I just hope it will encourage people to not quit praying and to know that God really does hear us when we pray...and He cares. Love, Sarah
By the way, I came up with the title after Sarah wrote the post. ~Micah
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This testimony made it's way into Sunday's service :-) Praise God!
When Amy got up and talked about this on Sunday, Crystal and I leaned into each other and said, "I thought she was going to say Sarah was pregnant." That was funny.
So glad to hear that you're pain free. Praise God!
And I can't ignore Micah - clever title, my friend.
Loved the title Micah...made me smile as usual. What a testimony! Everytime I hear about God's faithfulness and goodness I am so encouraged...makes me want to be more thankful, makes me want to be more faithful to pray, makes me want to be more cognizant of God's presence, makes me want more! period...just more. He is awesome. I am sorry to hear of the swine flu being close to you at all. I think laying low is the way to go. I love you both and miss you so much. Dad and I won't be home Saturday evening so will miss your call...I will remind Amy to be there for you. I will miss that call so much. Again, love you both MUCH!.
XXXXOOOO
Mom
I thought that she was going to day that she was pregnant too! I was a little sad, but I am so glad that you are doing well!
say
What an awesome testimony! Abby, I am glad you caught your day for say:) It made me laugh out loud! Love you Sarah and Micah.
Rachel
P.S. Check your email. I sent more pictures.
God's healing powers never seize to amaze. I am glad you're pain-free Sarah. Now you two just watch out for the pig flying flu.
Post a Comment