Friday, September 18, 2009

Lazy Saturday


Hello, everybody! We're comin' at you live from our living room! It's Saturday afternoon, the windows are open and the weather is beautiful. Sarah is reading something about Anne of Seven Gables or some such thing. I have been studying the photography bidness and we are both enjoying a sunny, serene Saturday. Sarah will be going to the school for a special classroom presentation for parents at 5:00. I think I'll take my camera out on the town. I've been taking a lot of pictures lately. You might be surprised at all the new uploads on flickr. Hint, hint. Hopefully, after tonight, there will be more.

I'm getting even more excited about the wedding in October. I just read some tips on staying healthy on the plane. I'll be wearing a mask and wiping everything down with antibacterial gels. I need to purchase a new neck pillow also. I wonder if they would let me on the flight with a full bio hazard suit. That would so totally rock.

Can you believe that we've been here for 19 1/2 months? Just yesterday I actually had a small feeling of panic that I would leave some sort of job unfinished here. Most of our Korea prayers lately have been about making sure we don't sell the experience short. We don't want to waste the last 4-5 months pining away for home. On the other hand, I don't think we'll see all the implications of this thing until we are home for a while. God is awesome!


Love,


Micah

11 comments:

Michelle said...

So true, you definitely have a work there, so enjoy it even while dreaming of coming home. We love you and miss you and can't WAIT until you are back, but are glad you have been obedient to the Lord. Have a great weekend!

Em said...

Yay! Another post finally. That is a great start to this day for me!
Micah, I could so totally picture you decked out in a full bio suit! Hahahaha! That is a GREAT mental image and one that slightly resembles "Steve" from the Deli... Hahaha! Nice!
Amazing pictures, again! I can hardly wait to see you in October! Love you guys and miss you VERY much.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you two are coming for the wedding!!!

Micah & Sarah said...

I'm so sorry, Abigail. I keep letting everyone down. Sarah can't come because it would be too hard for the school to find a replacement for her. She is a homeroom teacher and I'm just a lowly E.T. (English teacher). So, it'll just be me at the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Seriously

Mom Sterrett said...

Hi Micah, Thanks for writing. As usual many smiles throughout the blog. You are the greatest writer. Hint, hint. I will go and look at your pictures as soon as I finish here. I am glad to see the things God has done while you've been there. I was just thinking yesterday that I hope you will go out strong. I knew you would. It's not in either of you to do something halfway. I look forward to the rest of the story. Love and miss you both very much, heaps and gobs actually. XXXOOO Mom

Mom Sterrett said...

P.S. Abigail, Micah is not kidding. Sarah cannot come home this trip...sorry to let you down. We'll be very glad to see Micah. We'll also send stuff back for Sarah...she'll love that :)

Patti said...

I have to say...when I saw "Lazy Saturday" I was expecting a shout out about The Chronic(what)cles of Narnia.

After I get rid of these preschoolers I'll have to check out the new Flickr pics.

Word Verification: hypes - yeah....that's right.

Micah & Sarah said...

Now, when you say, 'get rid of'...

Kerri said...

I saw an older lady walking around Dillon's wearing a mask the other day. I say you go for it too! Take a whole canister of Clorox wipes on the plane with you and speak to no one as not to get any germs they may be carrying. Wear gloves too.

Off to look at your flickr photos now. No, wait, I'm off to Pittsburg now for the conference. I'll look at flickr though. Promise.

word: comeng as in "I'm comeng!"

Kerri said...

How's investigating more into the photography business going?