


Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays. I think part of the reason is that I was born in 1976, during our bicentennial. I used to collect "drummer boy" quarters for the same reason. I miss my country. I'm a little sad that this is the second birthday America has had since we've been gone. We had a great party here to celebrate the occasion. We had three friends from Texas over for a cookout. I made Australian burgers over Korean charcoal.(real wood charcoal). It was delicious. John, Amy, and Eden brought pasta salad that was also very tasty. We also had a very paltry amount of fireworks that we found in the party section at the store. I lit a few fountains, some roman candles, and sparklers. After the Turner's left, Sarah and I had some fun with our camera's extended shutter release. We tried to spell our names with the sparklers, but it didn't work as well as we would have liked. The good news is, we have plenty of sparklers left.
In other news, I am teaching a Vision Workshop the subject of which I was allowed to choose. I am teaching 18 fifth and sixth graders the basics of photography and how to photograph God's creation. Today was the first day. I joked with some of our friends tonight that I taught the kids all I know about photography today and I have 5 more days to go. It rained heavily all day, which I normally welcome, but most of my plan is to show the students a few rules and ideas and then let them loose outside to shoot. Tomorrow should stay dry for us. We will spend the day in the middle of creation. I'm going to start a flickr page devoted to the children's work. They are already getting into the spirit of the workshop. It is so much fun to watch them trying to get images and trying to replicate something I just did. It's quite flattering. I will try to link the new flickr page within a few days or so. Stay tuned.
In other news, I am teaching a Vision Workshop the subject of which I was allowed to choose. I am teaching 18 fifth and sixth graders the basics of photography and how to photograph God's creation. Today was the first day. I joked with some of our friends tonight that I taught the kids all I know about photography today and I have 5 more days to go. It rained heavily all day, which I normally welcome, but most of my plan is to show the students a few rules and ideas and then let them loose outside to shoot. Tomorrow should stay dry for us. We will spend the day in the middle of creation. I'm going to start a flickr page devoted to the children's work. They are already getting into the spirit of the workshop. It is so much fun to watch them trying to get images and trying to replicate something I just did. It's quite flattering. I will try to link the new flickr page within a few days or so. Stay tuned.
11 comments:
Dear Micah and Sarah,
Thank you so much for consistently updating your blog. It is so good to read about your activities. I still miss you guys very much, but it helps being able to get updates. Mom said she was able to talk with you for quite a while on the 4th. I love you both.
Rachel
Hi Micah and Sarah,
Thanks again for the pictures and the glimpes into your life. Rachel is right. We do miss you so much. It was fabulous getting to talk to you so long the other night, especially since more family members came in to share the fun and cheer us all up with all their antics. Made me remember why family is so vital. God has richly blessed, has He not? Laughter doeth good like a medicine and I was really in need of that on the 4th. Love and miss you both heaps and gobs.
XXXXOOOO
Mom
My sparkler blew up in my hand. SCARY!
I am glad that you got to celebrate there!
Just wanted to say that I love you both and miss you. That's all. Are you both doing okay?
I know what you mean about teaching them everything you know the first day... I've felt that way many... many, times. Anyway, I thought it was funny. Can't wait to see the pics.
How great that you're getting to share your love and knowledge of photography with the kids. You never know where the next Ansel Adams will come from.
Glad you got to have some 4th of July fun, too.
Miss you and love you.
Micah & Sarah,
Did you get my email?
I am trying this way again. I wanted you to know I am reading your page. Can't wait to see your students progress in photography.
Love you both
Rana
I miss you.
nice pics from your students
love you both
I think you should have a workshop here and teach us the basics of photography AND capturing God's creation. I'd be game.
Post a Comment