Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lazy Sunday


I hope you enjoy this image. I've gotten some positive feedback on flickr from this one, so I thought I'd share it with those who may not check flickr. (Check flickr)!!!
Rest is so important. The fact that I'll be thirty-two soon seems to be conspiring with the fact that I have moved halfway around the world. I get tired easily. I'm not saying I'm old, I'm just saying I'm not as young as I used to be. Add to that the amount of work it takes just to leave the house for a simple evening out and Micah is one tired boy. My energy as well as my will to keep chuggin' along comes from God. Knowing that He is the one that put us here makes all the difference.

I have no widget to share my music with you as you read our blog, but I would like to recommend some of the music that I have been enjoying lately. Here are a few songs and artists in no particular order: Brooke Fraser (almost any song that comes out of her including The Sound of Silence from one of her live performances), Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing as performed Sufjan Stevens and another version by Fernando Ortega (I also really enjoy a Korean version sung by one of the worship leaders at our church), a new-to-me Christian band Above the Golden State, Dave Brubeck: 50 Years of Dave Brubeck, Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival, Chasing Pavements by Adele, Brandon Heath: Give Me Your Eyes, Healer from Hillsong: This Is Our God(this song is pretty good, but I just found out about the author of the song faking terminal cancer! this is a parenthetical update). Those are some of the tunes I'm spinning nowadays. Listen to all of them or none of them, but please listen to all of them.


I'm out,

Micah

8 comments:

Em said...

Hey Micah,
It is always so great hearing any new thing from you both, be it small or big. I love that you both type exactly the way you talk. It makes it so that I can hear you in my head. I'm not sure if that made sense or not, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it making sense outside of my head. :) It happens.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I love you and miss you VERY much. You are always in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Wow it is so beautiful there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti said...

hey, i been thinking about you and sarah a lot lately. be checking your e-mail, i have something for you guys.

love you tons
p

Mom Sterrett said...

Hello Micah,
I miss you both too.
I loved the picture and it reminded me to check flicker. I check the pictures periodically and I have loved them. You are very gifted, in many ways actually.

I know what you mean about God giving you strength when you need it. I've lived with pernicious anemia and chronic fatigue syndrome for going on 20 years. I'm tired of tired. No pun intended. Let's just say I empathize greatly.

One good thing about turning 50 is that I feel more normal now. Those folks around my age are as tired as I am now. It only took 20 years. At least I don't feel so like I'm going nuts now. Do you ever feel that way because you're tired?

Better go for now. Much love and affection.
Mom Sterrett

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I want you to know that even though I didn't think it was possible I missed you even more this week during the conference. They had bowls of mints on the tables and it made me think of last year when I got that mint out of the bathroom and rubbed it on Micah's leg. I didn't know if I should laugh or burst into tears. I miss you very much. I love you both.

Amy

Micah & Sarah said...

It is so sad that I have to comment on my own blog just to reach 7 comments. I'll add new stuff soon. There are more pictures on flickr, too.

ttfn

Joy said...

Micah and Sarah - This has been a long time coming, but I think things are settling down enough now that I can get some of my life back, and I will be able to check your blog and respond more regularly.
I love hearing about what is happening there in Korea.
I miss you guys, though.
Remember the night you came over to the old house and we sat on the back patio and talked about you leaving for Korea as the sun set and the air turned chill and the night crept over us, and we looked into the future and what it might be like, just a little? I think about that a lot.
Also, I have been thinking about the Christmas picture of last year (how we all cried, but it was a good cry because you had given us back a small piece of something we had lost, and we were overwhelmed at the gift), and how many holidays we've been privileged spend together with you.
This year, there will be quite a gap.
And while that makes me feel of tinge of sadness, here is the exciting thing I've been thinking about lately.
Eternity.
We will be friends into eternity.
Eons and eons to share feasts together.
Millennia upon millennia to sit and talk, and live and serve and praise and laugh and sing and . . . be firends.
Just some thoughts I thought I'd share.
Love you guys!!!
J